Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The PCMG presents the "Crack the PC-L" Contest!

Ok its not hex editing, i saved an identical copy of clash1.wav and it will not load. a diff between the original and the new one says they're identical.

I opened up the Leia picture with a hex editor and near the top of the file is the following text:

"the right order is hum, poweron, poweroff, clash1-8, swing1-8."
    Do you have a problem with purple?

What about trying to change the Boot sound with the NUTS program?
    Follow Your Bliss

The following sounds are not checked by the PC: Boot.wave, blaster.wav, force.wav and lockup.wav. They can be modified, swapped or replaced and it will still function. The other 19 files are the ones to concentrate on. I replaced the lockup.wav with one a mixed myself and renamed the old lockup.wav to blaster.wav on a Corran Horn PC and it worked perfectly.
    Do you have a problem with purple?

Can somebody tell me what this "NUTS" program is? The only things I could find was a "Nuclear Magnetic Resonance" analysis tool and a chat server project from 1992. I don't think either of them are relevant here. I thought there might be some kind of steganographic stamp or "watermark" in certain wav files that the PC firmware is looking for. If you have an original file and one that only works on the PC-L a "diff" or comparing MD5 checksums would show a difference.
    "So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life." -- Genesis 3:24 Lightsabers are real.

NUTS Software I belive is what everyone is talking about.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Yeah, that's the "Nuclear Magnetic Resonance" tool I was talking about. It looks like it deals with spectral analysis of chemical compounds. Don't see the relevance.
    "So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life." -- Genesis 3:24 Lightsabers are real.

Ok, this contest is interesting me... I'll do a lot of thoughts and I'll try to help with all the ideas that I'll have in my head... Good luck! I'm impatient to buy a PC-U
    It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life.
    [Jean-Luc Picard]

This is kinda reminding me a bit of the Portal 2 Alternate Reality Game....

The most obscure puzzles were solved by the joined effort of lots of people...

In other words, YOU CAN DO IT GUYS!

mTm
    Croutonless Saberfan.

Official Owner of Skottsaber at Bowling

minor error (sorry). Updated Leia picture !
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com