Thread: Working Hoverbike?

Default Working Hoverbike?

http://gadgetbox.msnbc.msn.com/_news...king-hoverbike

Personally I think the whole thing is a hoax. He doesn't even post a video on his website. I still figured some of you might be interested though. In the incredibly unlikely event that it turns out to be legit I'm sure a bunch of us will be buying these and living out our Endor fantasies, myself included.

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

It looks like it works on the same principal as the hover/jet pack thing the Mythbusters did. If memory serves me right, they proved is is unlikely.

Of course it's a hoax. We haven't even gotten a hoverboard and they skipped right to the hover bike???

Yeah, no kidding! Dr. Emmett Brown has shown, in his travels, that hover boards won't make it to the public until around 2015...

... Oh wait...

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...

unlikely and looking at the design dangerous, its like sitting between 2 helocopters blades, one slip and your sushi
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrell View Post
    unlikely and looking at the design dangerous, its like sitting between 2 helocopters blades, one slip and your sushi
    There is a grill over the blades, but you could make a quick chopped salad!

Why wouldnt it be real?

US already had similar but bigger working concepts in the 50's.
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

I just wonder if the gyroscopic forces from the blades would be enough to keep the rider upright. Otherwise, you'd faceplant pretty hard when you take off on that thing! Perhaps four rotors would be a bit more realistic? I've seen small robots that use four rotors and they hover very well. It's just a matter of producing enough thrust to lift the unit and the rider without rolling over.

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Hiller, out here in CA, was one of the ones pushing single person vehicles like the one above. He tried a platform, which worked to a certain extent, but didn't work the way the Army wanted. One couldn't float, navagate, and shoot at the same time. The recoil from a rifle had the function of shoving the platform nose up and backward. Newtonian physics are a pain that way...

The Isralies have been working towards a multi-passenger version of hover bike, the X-Hawk, for rescue & couterinsurgency for the last few years.

Good infor and access on this website: http://www.roadabletimes.com/roadables-vtol.html

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion