Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I'm Going Back to School.

I just wanted to give you an update. School is awesome, very time consuming, but awesome. I've completed two classed, English Comp and Art History; I rocked them both, A's all the way. This past week was my first week in Designing Computer Graphics class and I'm starting to learn Adobe Illustrator. I thought I would post the projects that I've done so far.

This first one was for Art History. We had to create a cave painting in Photoshop.

This one was also for Art History. We had to pick a Pop Art artist and do our version of a pop art painting. I chose Roy Lichtenstein. After completing the picture of my daughter, I decided to pop art my other kids. I still need to find good pictures of my other two monkeys. These were also done in Photoshop.

This project is my first project for Designing Computer Graphics. We had to do a monochromatic self portrait. We couldn't use any gradients, effects, or shape tools; just the pen tool. After I read the directions of the assignment , the first color I thought of was red. I grabbed my latest saber and let my inner Sith out.

This is the picture I worked off of. I posted it so you can see what I worked off of.

I did this in Illustrator and only used the pen tool.

Thanks for checking them out.

love the vector tattoo!.. nice. I tell all the people i know who are starting out as a graphic designer and say their a pro at Photoshop that Illustrator is where its at..

I've been using PS since 1995 and it wasn't till about 2000 i realized the power of AI. PS is the dark side, quicker, easier, more seductive...lol

One Critique... the shadow under your chin, i don't think it works quite well... that's the only place i can see for some minor changes
    Last edited by Natesroom; 09-03-2011 at 08:28 AM.

Thank you Natesroom, I really like both programs. This week was the first time I used AI, I like it.

Cool artwork man.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

It's unfair that people can have such artistic talent.

Awesome work, the pen portrait is awesome (and evil)

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Thanks a lot Scott.