Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on my design

Default Opinions on my design

What's up everybody? So, after playing around with the MHS builder for a couple of weeks now, I've finally narrowed down the design I want for my first custom saber. The only thing still stumping me is what pommel to choose. So if you guys wouldn't mind telling me what you think of the design and which pommel looks better on it I'd appreciate it. Thanks alot!

Other info.

This is what I plan to make: Crystal Focus v5 saber with white P4 and yellow TCSS filter. The empty space between the choke and the grooves will have an Activation Box Style 2 where I can easily access the the on/off and aux. switches. I will have some powder coating done. I just need to decide where on the hilt I want it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Machinimax; 06-07-2011 at 06:22 PM.

Looks simple, but clean.

I would suggest using the angled pommel instead of the rounded one, fits the flow of the hilt better IMO.

Also, if you want, I would recommend looking into cutting yourself a custom shroud using the MHS Sleeve material on the store, it really bumps the looks of the hilt up a whole level, and isn't difficult to do with a Dremel and some small files (I got a set of Jeweler's Files at Harbor Freight for super cheap that work great on the aluminum sleeve material)

Great start!
    When your lightsabers gutter and die in your hands,
    your blaster packs run dry of charge,
    your words of power dry up in your throat and I am still standing,
    what will you do then?

Agreed... I prefer the angled pommel as well... Will there be other details on this as well besides the activation box? Such as shroud work and such?

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...

Angeled deff looks better, hot tip; plan plan plan. make sure you have everything you need for your order, im up to my 4th order so far, hopefull my last for this build.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

I like the round one best. Definitely get the fluted section powder coated (DFS2 IMO) don't know what color I'd recommend though, If you're going with a yellow blade, maybe a dark purple of chrome black. You might want to consider powder coating the the activation box too.
    Some may leave The Jedi Order; but few leave it alone.

Blog Entries

angeled one looks better...IMO.
    "Do or do not....there is no try" - Yoda

angled pommel definetaly...go with that

Quote Originally Posted by captain_mills View Post
    Agreed... I prefer the angled pommel as well... Will there be other details on this as well besides the activation box? Such as shroud work and such?
    Yes there will but I haven't finalized all the details yet, just the basic design. I'm still deciding if I want any shrouds, sleeves, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrell View Post
    Angeled deff looks better, hot tip; plan plan plan. make sure you have everything you need for your order, im up to my 4th order so far, hopefull my last for this build.
    Oh don't worry about that. I've got an Excel sheet that I'm using to catalog everything I want and how much it all costs. And thanks for your input!
    Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 06-08-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Please use the Multi-Quote button, it's right of the Reply With Quote button. That way, you won't have to double post to respond to different people's comments.

I'm going to merge your 2 posts together.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Machinimax View Post
    Yes there will but I haven't finalized all the details yet, just the basic design. I'm still deciding if I want any shrouds, sleeves, etc.

Oh don't worry about that. I've got an Excel sheet that I'm using to catalog everything I want and how much it all costs. And thanks for your input!
    I think the more important thing is not really making sure you don't forget anything but that you're aware of what you'll need. That's what posting in the parts list thread is for. I agree on the angled pommel too since it goes well with the choke.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Please use the Multi-Quote button, it's right of the Reply With Quote button. That way, you won't have to double post to respond to different people's comments.

I'm going to merge your 2 posts together.
    I learned something new today!