Thread: My new sabers.

Red face My new sabers.

Here are two more weekend sabers. The sith saber has a Hasbro sound card and the blue has a ROJ Luke sound card. Still working on the blue one. I still my take out the sound card. Hope you likes. I know they seem a bit messy, but I like that. It reminds me of the originals, and how crappy they seemed. Ep. 4, 5 and 6.

That is quite an interesting organic effect on the Sith saber. I'd be interested to know how you did that.

The blue looks a tad long for my personal taste, but it appears to be a good solid build.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I don't like the idea of the sabers being "messy". The red one is wicked; the blue is cool. I'd really like to see some better pictures though

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    That is quite an interesting organic effect on the Sith saber. I'd be interested to know how you did that.

The blue looks a tad long for my personal taste, but it appears to be a good solid build.
    I do think it is too long my self. I will fix that.
    and the sith saber was made with hot glue and phone wire. I painted it red and dry brush on the gold. Thanks. I think I need to shorten the blue for sure.
    Right now all I have is my sucky phone camera. I hate looking for usb's and cards to upload the low tech can I do have. Sorry.
    Last edited by Ripper; 06-06-2011 at 05:28 PM.

That's one of the reasons I love seeing new blood in this hobby. The newcomers try all kinds of exotic ideas that may never occur to the more experienced builders. Keep that imagination flowing!
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Nice. A better term then messy would be weathered. It makes it look like the hilt or it's parts have history. It would be nice to see them closer and clearer. The Sith one looks like it has a crest near the pommel. The Blue Jedi one the pommel looks like the whole thing is glowing more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    That's one of the reasons I love seeing new blood in this hobby. The newcomers try all kinds of exotic ideas that may never occur to the more experienced builders. Keep that imagination flowing!
    Thanks a lot! I made some changes to the sith. (BTW its a PVC pipe.) I put the ROTJ Luke soundboard it it. The blue has no sound now. The pommel wasn't strong at all. So i made it into a Sun saber and now it is solid and bright. It looks great to me. I'll post pics once I pay my cell bill. The sith is now loud and looking great. I had to change the switch and the blue accent LEDS are now in the sith saber. I like the off set colors, I hate to much red. I'll post a pic and a vid of that one, but not till I find out what's up with my phone. I will try and get better pics. I may just have to get my old dig-cam and hunt for that USB.
    Thanks every one for the compliments and advice. I will put it to work. I got a green LED calling me. Over time I will be getting parts. But i may just find me something around.