Thread: Parks Qui Gon conversion with crystal chamber

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Default Parks Qui Gon conversion with crystal chamber

It's been a while since I posted a build. Here is a Parks Qui Gon I just got done converting. The original builder had come up with an interesting idea for the chassis, but the execution was a bit lacking in my opinion. I revamped the whole saber, installing a PC-U along with a Rebel green LED. Power is supplied by a single 14500 Li Ion cell with a 1.3mm charge port/kill key combo.

Specs:
    Original Parks Qui Gon (not the recent Korbanth run)
    PC-U with Nova's TPM font
    1" blade
    custom chassis/crystal chamber
    10mm square Rebel on an Orbital Machining heatsink/optic setup

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-DkCROgOps

Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Cool, That's pretty neat.

Love the look very sharp. your wireing is also top notch, can bearly see any of it.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thanks guys!

The wires were all soldered to the bottom of the sound board and then fed through brass tubing to wherever they needed to go. The speaker wires (purple) were the only ones that had to go to the top of the board as the SD card holder is right below

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul View Post
    Thanks guys!

The wires were all soldered to the bottom of the sound board and then fed through brass tubing to wherever they needed to go. The speaker wires (purple) were the only ones that had to go to the top of the board as the SD card holder is right below
    I want one... What a beautiful conversion.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

I like your Qui-gon saber and same with your Darth Vader saber. If you can I would drill some holes on the pommels so the sound can come out better. Just a suggestion though. I also like the fact that the Parks sabers are so roomy inside. High five for a Qui-gon conversion.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

This actually isn't a terribly roomy saber. It is only 1" diameter inside of it and what I have in there right now is literally all that you can fit. Drilling pommel holes, in addition to being outside of my drill press's capabilities, would make it evident that the saber functioned. Right now there are no clues except for the switches. I like replicas to be this way.

This is at least 37 kinds of awesome. Looks really awesome.. but I'm a bit biased since Qui-Gon's lightsaber is one of my number one favourites.