Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: too ambitious?...

Question too ambitious?...

hello! this is my first post on the forums and i must say, the genuine care and excellent communication you guys exhibit with old and new members alike deserves recognition. nobel peace nomination anyone
    now for my question. i am in the r and d phase of a sci-fi crossover saber for my friend, namely a ghostbusters "proton pack-esque" saber and i just dont know how to go about "casually" requesting help with a cf soundfont that pays homage to that epic proton pack ignition sound! forgive me if ive overlooked any info that pertains to my question, and also if this is too bold of a request i apologize. help tcss! you're my only hope!

Well sir, welcome to the forums! I have good news and bad news for you.

The good news is the sound font you are looking for can be achieved on the Crystal focus, and if you're curious what it would look and/or sound like, may I direct your attention here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Shadesli...44/cozklFbcGdM

The bad news, I'm afraid is that the Crystal Focus soundboard is nigh-impossible to get a hold of, if you want full details, may I direct your attention here:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...o-obtain/page2

Nothing is too ambitious if you have the determination and patience to see it to the end, I'm sure with more reading and practice, you'll be an accomplished sabersmith.

You've just taken your first step into a larger world. MTFBWY
    Last edited by Ty_Bomber; 06-05-2011 at 09:41 AM.

heres a forum tutorial on how to add proton pack sounds to your project for $50.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    <URL Removed> heres a forum tutorial on how to add proton pack sounds to your project for $50.
    Please do not post links to other sites selling products similar to what Tim offers.
    When your lightsabers gutter and die in your hands,
    your blaster packs run dry of charge,
    your words of power dry up in your throat and I am still standing,
    what will you do then?

Quote Originally Posted by (null).exe View Post
    Please do not post links to other sites selling products similar to what Tim offers.
    tim doesn't sell a programmable sound card. besides, i linked to a forum where people show how they added sound to their props. i would have PMed it to reno, but the forums rules restrict that privilege for new members (understandably).
    Last edited by AndyM; 06-05-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    tim doesn't sell a programmable sound card.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post

My rebuttal:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim,of the custom saber shop
    There are two sound font choices only, Light Meat and Dark Meat
    I realize that even if Tim did stock the pc-u it wouldn't show up under the criteria pc-u, but just for the sake of argument..

begun, this flame war has.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

1 - Please don't start a flame war. This is the internet - NOTHING should be taken personally.
    2 - AndyM, Tim DOES sell a programmable soundboard - it's just locked to 2 soundfonts. You can still change quite a bit on it, even then.
    3 - Skott, please make an actual argument next time instead of posting 2 pictures that can be taken wrong.
    4 - As that link is to a forum tutorial elsewhere, I personally don't see an issue with it. This is a DIY forum and so is that, so there should be little conflict of interest, if any. J-Lo and LM, if I'm wrong on that, please let us know.

Back on topic... reno, the link that AndyM posted looks like your best bet on getting ghostbusters sounds. An alternative would be having a saber commissioned by someone over on FX-Sabers with a PC-U. If you already have a CF, congrats! You're one of the few that have been lucky enough. Many people have been trying for years to get one. There's a proton pack soundfont already available for use on it.

Az
    Last edited by Azmaria Dei; 06-06-2011 at 02:48 AM.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    4 - As that link is to a forum tutorial elsewhere, I personally don't see an issue with it. This is a DIY forum and so is that, so there should be little conflict of interest, if any. J-Lo and LM, if I'm wrong on that, please let us know.
    Quote Originally Posted by RPF Sound Board Thread
    Sound Board model 1M- the heart of this sound system. When ordering, you don't need to upload a zip file with the sounds, you just have to let Rob know you want the proton pack sounds and he will hook you up. - $49.99
    The RPF thread then links directly to the website where the sound board is being sold. It's not a straight DIY thread, it's someone pimping the products of a friend of theirs, which is fine, on that forum

Andy: You're the new guy, so I'm going to assume you didn't read the stickies and rules fully, and made a mistake. Please refrain from posting links that directly or indirectly point to products or services identical or similar to stuff Tim offers on his store. If you really want to talk about other products in-depth, the FX-Sabers and RPF forums are fine places to go do that, this forum is not.

The reason we don't post links to similar or competing products is because this entire forum is Tim's, and he makes it available to us to discuss our hobby, without requiring any repayment to offset his hosting costs, other than what he makes from our purchases. Posting a link to a similar product is a mildly rude mistake. Following that by arguing that you can do what you want because of minor semantic differences is just offensive, because you're implying that either you're looking for ways to skirt the rules, or you just don't care to follow them.
    When your lightsabers gutter and die in your hands,
    your blaster packs run dry of charge,
    your words of power dry up in your throat and I am still standing,
    what will you do then?