Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My New MHS Saber (finshed)

Talking My New MHS Saber (finshed)

*update* 3/4"in Trans White Show blade and p4 blue
    Picture 708.jpgPicture 707.jpgPicture 706.jpg

^^^new pihotos

kinda... i have to rewire the saber because the wires are frankin stine looking. i didnt have enough wire to do the saber so i cut some from here or there from other things.

The Saber

The Jedi Lestat
    Last edited by thejedilestat; 05-29-2011 at 05:17 PM.

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

Nice solid entry!
    LOCKHEED

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Simple solid start, congrats man!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

The Guts
    US 2.5
    TrustFire Protected 3.7V 900mAh 14500 Lithium Battery (1)
    Luxeon III Star (Cyan)
    SPST Momentary switch with red button
    Premium Speaker
    Luxeon Collimator Lens 5 deg viewing angle
    Luxeon III/V Lens Holder
    MHS sound/speaker/battery combo 2AA (made it work on just one side)

i still dont have a screw hole drilled or taped i plan to use 8-32 x .3" red thumb screw. but i will get around to it one day

Thejedilestat

oh sorry it took so long to get pix of the blade and info on the inside of the saber.

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

Nice! By the switch placement I'm guessing you're left handed? The blade looks really nice. What did you use for the blade? Any plans or consideration of future modification?

im rite handed

the blade is LED Trans White Show blade 1" stock

the only thing i wanna add is a kill switch to the Lithium Battery

and change the yellow accent led

bump =)

Good solid and clean design bro, you should have used an 18650 for longer run times and in hilt recharge. That way you don't have to open it up again. Nice bright blade also. Good stuff matey!!
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

when i made my last order the pcb for the 3.7v where out of stock, i should have got the charger for it anyway but im not smart enough to think like that haha. but i will make it recharge one day

Great to see it finished mate. Good idea about sourcing wire from alternate places. I would love to get a charger to make my hilt fully enclosed to (or not to have to at least change batteries every 20 minutes) Perhaps we should both order from TCSS at same time and share postage, then we could just mail stuff along the road to each other? I think you would be about 80 mins drive from my place. (Might be too complicated, but I had wanted to suggest it)