Thread: tcss li-ion pcb question

Default tcss li-ion pcb question

hey all im just about to start building my first 7.4v pack, iv read up all i can on building them and bought the parts. On examining the pcb it has all the pads you would expect b+,b-,p+,p- and bm however it also has a small plug attached with red and black leads marked + and - am i correct in assuming these can be used instead of the p+ and p- pads or are they for somthing else?

They are for a battery gauge meter, you don't need it.
    I desoldered mine to make room inside the pack. Just add some solder to the pads and get it hot enough, then melt all the pads and pull it straight off. I then solder wicked the remaining solder left for neatness

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Posting a pic will help visualize your issue and enable more knowledgable people to chime in.

Edit: thanks Skott!!!
    Last edited by bk_renesis; 06-04-2011 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Skott was quicker...
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

thats cool thanks guys question answered thanks to scotts pic and description. sorry i didnt post one myslf bit pressed for time today getting ready for download festival next week