Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: part-noob here

Default part-noob here

Hi guys
    looking forward to sharing some builds i'll be doing in the near future.
    I've made luxeon sabers before for friends as gifts, and i've converted most of my MR FX collection using the amazing guides here and at fx sabers.
    I'm a member of the sinza exotic weapons forum too, and i hope to merge a few concepts from there into lightsaber projects.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It seems as though you are experienced in this field. Welcome.

Would you be interested in posting up some pics of what you've done in the past?
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

I only have 1 piece on hand at the moment, as the rest were gifts for friends.
    I'll see if i can get them to send me a photo, or if i can get them to bring them to our next get-together and get a group photo .

They're basic pvc hilts with no sound, driven by nothing more than a 5w resistor.
    But for my proper build i will probably add all the perks

I'll get my hands on a camera to get a couple of my non light saber projects to show you
    Last edited by AndyM; 06-02-2011 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Grammar

Normally I say "read the stickies".. blah blah.. your definately in the right place and I KNOW you can do it (givin your backround). It just takes some basic research and your all set.. depending of course on the complexity in your build. BUT I think its great you joined and cant wait to see the direction this build is going?

Do you have any sketch idea's or anything just post it up here
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

I have 3 designs on at the moment, one that is a themed lightsaber that needs alot of custom work, and i have the design/ prototype for the spring loaded wrist lightsaber, assassins creed style
    And an irn-bru lightsaber for my dad, as he's an irn-bru obsessed Glaswegian. i'm thinking a custom paint job on a simple pvc or sinktube saber.
    he hates the idea that i love to build things like lightsabers and flick-out knives, maybe he will change his mind if i make him one .
    Last edited by AndyM; 06-05-2011 at 08:16 AM.

Very cool.. the themed sabers are sometimes hit or miss, may I ask "whats the theme?" and what type of custom are we talking? (remember Tim does some amazing MHS mods for people so unless its an elaborate acid etched gold plated shroud or something crazy, just hit him up with your idea's and see what he says, cant hurt and Tim is super cool about questions). In all my years (before I even joined the forums) He NEVER missed an email, ever! (He's the reason I didnt have to join but still found great success actually lol). He is a pillar of information so.. just ask the boss and see what he says.

~dgdve
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

I'm making a portal themed lightsaber, and i will need a custom blade holder, a thick piece of poly C with about a 1.25" OD, i need to make my own switch, my own tri rebel, i'm gonna try to powder coat it myself to save on costs, it will need a custom: shroud, decals, MPS insert, blade plug, and custom soundboard. the cost will depend entirely on whether or not i can manage to get a mini metal working lathe for my work bench.
    (oh, and if it comes out really good maybe even a custom stand!)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Your Avatar disturbs me.

It looks like some guy I've seen on TV (probably an old "Ripley's Believe it or Not") who can force his eye balls to bulge out of their sockets.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

hah its the only avatar-like photo on my hard drive xD