Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 18v hilt

Like was said... wow, 4 months ago. Time flies. The difference is mostly in frequency, not voltage. A 4khz inverter running on 9v will be as bright or brighter than a 2khz running on 12v.

Note: Tim no longer sells the 2khz inverters. Stopped selling them just after I ordered my stuff [!]. He now sells the 4khz, so you don't really need to worry about that. Run it on 9v if you'd like, 18v would shorten the EL's lifespan.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! I love it, someone READ. YEAY! I think Gelu's explanation sums it well. If ya stick with Tim's inverter at 4Khz running at 12 volts you will not be let down. That is the setup I was running in the LED/EL pics found here:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa...92&whichpage=4
    You will lose alot of lifespan running at 18 volts for a truly minimal gain.

<center></center>

yeah the 18 volts is bright but but low lifespan an expensive if you leave it on awhile (after 30mins its slowly dims) go 12v system cheaper since you can buy a bucket for battereis for 20 bucks

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

Plus the 12v AA battery pack really helps to balance the saber.

---------------------------------------------------------------------