Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: opinions please on new battery configuration.

Default opinions please on new battery configuration.

here linked is a new batterie that i think would benifit sabers to a degree, mainly for the low voltage led types. It appears to be just the right voltage with a high degree of mah and excellent cycle rate.

Its a Tenergy 26650P 3.2V 3000mAh LiFePO4 Rechargeable Battery

it's roughly about 1.08 in. in diameter and about 2.5 inches long

here's the link, tell me what you think.
    Last edited by infa008; 06-02-2011 at 03:53 AM.

Please remove your link, TCSS does not allow the posting of links to buy items on this forum.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

sorry for the link, not trying to promote a place to buy batteries, just would like opinions on this type of power source.

so now the link is gone so if anyone would like to look up specs, find the link yourself and please offer your opinions

thats all i'm asking for.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

the last time i looked at lithium polymer batteries they were rather unstable at higher draws... if you want to give it a shot, do so - but wear PPE and be careful just in case.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Another issue with li-poly is that they are less tolerant of mishandling. We tend to generate a lot of impacts when we swing our lightsabers around. Damaging a li-poly cell is easier than a li-ion, and will cause fires (or worse) much more quickly with abuse. If you only intend to use your saber as a display model, it should not cause a problem.

Then again, we all know that even display models will be used for the occasional battle. It's too much fun, and it can't be prevented
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

That size battery is really for very high currents. The smaller 18650 will give you the same amount of power.

lifepo4s are advertized to be stable verses regular lipo's, and i thought 3000 mah would give a better run time, not to mention more recharges.

There are 2900mah 18650s. Why more recharges?

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

lifepo4 are used in the iphone4 if i remember right... and i've seen plenty of them die, break, and outright shatter when dropped... that's not saying anything about the battery really, but i still have to wonder if the lack of power afterwards is more hardware or battery damage... either way, i'm not buying one to test that theory on. ^_~
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    either way, i'm not buying one to test that theory on. ^_~
    *High five*

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent