Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: MHS Starkiller from parts to saber.

Default MHS Starkiller from parts to saber.

I have been asking and asking and asking questions weather its on here or FX. Ok so what I have so far is the hilt parts, shrouding tube, and chassis discs. I have 18inch of MHS sleeve, blade holder 1, 5inch double female extension, v-grooved extension, pommel 10, 3 chassis discs of discs 2 and 3, and pommel insert 6.

Put togeather if you use some imagination you can see it lol.

My plan for the pommel 10 is in this picture you see the lip im pointing at?

I will machining it so that the MHS sleeve will fit over it and close the gap.

I had mocked up the crystal chamber. I will be modifying the heatsink abit but its ok, its not cut yet but I will post more pics as I go.

This is the templet im working with I made it due to not being able to size the graflex ones on the computer.

The two top lines represnt the bunnie ears, and the box below that represents the location of my graflex replica button knob, the line below that represents where the blade holder, and v-grooved extension meet. The rectangle box represents the activation box one that im getting. I did not consider until now that the box is .8 inch wide, but the box on my template is .5, but it should still work. Im also getting the box shortened up a bit its going from .6 inch tall to .4 after tim is done with it. The 6 circles represent the button head screws. Thats all for now hope you enjoy this log as I am, please comment and give some Ideas, I might use them...kinda like I think the box with the button head screws might be clusterd...what do you think? Thanks

Mods please move this to the build log thread sorry. I just readthe log rules I will not ask questions sorry.
    Last edited by Xanatos1986; 06-02-2011 at 08:37 AM. Reason: needs moving sorry/rule breaking sorry.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Moved as requested.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

looks like you have a good plan and direction. keep us updated on progress! ^_^
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

I really hope this gets made and doesn't end up in the 'On-Going Project Bin'!!!
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

I have a couple more pics to put up, for some reason bucket was not working... And tomorrow I get more work done, I'm grinding that lip down on the pommel tomorrow, and starting the chassis I'm so excited lol

Watching closely, definitely love to build my own mhs starkiller.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

seriously watching this one
    Yub Yub Commander.

ok so my photo bucket works now, so what I did today was cut out the crystal camber cut away, started to mod the heatsink, but need a reinforced cutting wheel lol, and started to take that lip off on the pommel, but I need a really heavy duty grinder lol, that aluminum is tough lol heres some pics of the v-grooved section, I will make the shroud tomorrow for sure and maybe the chassis. thanks guys, you are modivating me like crazy thanks guys. Im not really upset about the iddy bitty nicks, either it will be coverd or painted black. Thanks guys.

Last edited by Xanatos1986; 06-02-2011 at 11:25 PM.

is that a cigar?

looks good so shal the rest me thinks

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"