Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: MHS Starkiller from parts to saber.

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

*nods* Good it looks, yes! Nothing like files and time to get to where you want a piece to be...

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

thanks guys i like the feed back, yes skott thats my daughters baby doll lol ill drill holes for the switches soon prob in a couple of days
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

that looks great man!
    what were the dimensions you ended up with?
    i have the aluminum u-channel for the base shape, so the only thing i'm kinda worried abound is getting it as straightly cut as possible and the inner plate like you did.
    awesome job with that inner plating. just sheet metal?
    The Dark Side is all I have...

yes just 22 guage sheet metal, cut hammerd straight and the filed down where needed. the I took some custom clamps and bent it where I needed. Need some pics of the tools?

nah, it's cool. if i end up going that same route i'll just end up using vise grips, pliers, etc.
    The Dark Side is all I have...

The xantos starkiller is so awesome it eats baby dolls!
    Love the switchbox! Going to paint the u channel black? Would help screen accuracy. Looking good!
    NOMING YOUR POWER CABLES SINCE 2007

MHS #1 "Coppertop" CFX Neopixel
    MR 616 "Joe Jedi"
    LDM converted Korbanth LS6 (Hero with PC 1.6 and FOC)
    Vintage graflex ANH - probably staying static
    Disney Savi Saber Peace and Justice (experience was worth it)

ok so I got everything except my graflex knobs, I put it all togeather and here it is Ill post new pics when the knobs are one it but I was too excited to wait. I Had problems with the PC after Skott helped me out with the font exchange... I was getting only a boot sound followed by a beep... the saber did not have a activation sound, or deactivation sound and the LEDs were not working. PhinoxReborn, and AZ helped me but PR did alot over AIM. what is was, was that the poweron, and poweroff were named diff, so I changed them and added the LED text file back. It all worked except the LEDs still were not coming on.

Now im mad, thinking I waisted 125 bucks and PR thinks I might need to send it in for repair...lol wow this noob messed up the PC already.... But then I got to looking, yes the PC has really small pads, and for people who have a PC this is what was wrong I think the little silver square box thing by the LED pads, yeah I accedently put too much solder on the pad and linked them togeather... alittle solder braid and tlc with time I fixed it rewired the whole saber for a 3rd time touched up some paint, and installed my graflex pins and this is whay I have.

I present the 95% done starkiller MHS with a PC running the Madcow Korriban font YAY!!!

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

that looks really good! good to hear you got everything working ok. can i get some nesquick from you? i'll share my icecream. ^_^
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Dude two thumbs WAY ^

That is a really beautiful MHS Starkiller. Easily one of the best I've seen. Congrats on getting the bugs worked out, I'm sure it sounds fantastic!
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!