Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: the BLOOD WYRM lightsaber (very pic heavy)

Borax, Dude. You know what, you were in it to win it Dawg. You were in it to win it! (Randy Jackson impersonation) I was totally floored when I saw your saber. The detail on the whole thing is just outstanding. I really love the beating heart & bloody looking internals. This saber just screams sith. Just pure art man, very inspiring. I bet you went through a bunch of dremel bits. I love it.

This build was just mind blowing. I mean, from the moment I first saw the pics of this saber, I knew it was going to win the whole shebang. The originality, detail, thought and planning were all top notch! Some of the execution could have been *minimally* improved - for instance in the cleanness of the cuts near the beating heart and perhaps some of the peeling paint (granted, the peeling parts weren't visible from the outside in the completed saber), but OMG this one was so full of WIN it was just unreal!

I voted for this one in both phase I and II of the vote (even over my own build)

Please teach the rest of us....
    -C
    Last edited by cannibal869; 05-31-2011 at 09:21 PM.
    LOCKHEED

This is up there with the best of them man! Great build!

A beautifully created saber indeed. The style is not what I'd personally choose, but the detail and construction is very very impressive.

That being said, you've now set a very high standard for your future builds to live up to. Good luck!
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    A beautifully created saber indeed. The style is not what I'd personally choose, but the detail and construction is very very impressive.

That being said, you've now set a very high standard for your future builds to live up to. Good luck!

Thanks, and..

..Challenge accepted

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I have been wanting to comment on this saber since the beginning of the contest. It is absolutely hideous. I mean that in the most complimentary way possible. This saber is like watching a train wreck during an autopsy, you just can't take your eyes off of it. I love every detail of this saber, the thought, the design and execution of all the features. I love how you planned everything for the saber from the stand to the kill key and blade plug with a definite theme. THIS is what a contest saber should be, someones best game. This wasn't some fly by night, thrown together without thought saber, this was art. You sir have earned my sincerest respect and admiration. Now, the tough love: GET A FREAKIN' PC OR CF IN THIS BAD BOY PRONTO!!!! It deserves nothing less. Congratz on the win, and the beautiful/ugly saber

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

So you say you used Aluminum tubing? What type? It doesn't look round, more like round clamped in a vice a few times, and tapered! To be honest I think the blood and guts was going a bit far but otherwise a great job. Overall it doesn't so much look like a saber, but more like some alien critter that is going to blast a hole in my head and suck out my brain....it really kinda creeps me out like the critters in the Aliens movies. I never saw this coming at all since your previous builds are plain and very crude in comparison. The only thing in common is the way you used tools creatively to do things they weren't made to do. MHS can't compare to a build like this which aggravates me that the custom category fell short and I don't feel that was fair to others but you very much deserved the win and like I told others...the higher you raise the bar, the harder I'm a hit you over the head with it..lol..Congrats on the win. You just won a free PC-L and then some so go upgrade that soundboard!
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 06-03-2011 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    I have been wanting to comment on this saber since the beginning of the contest. It is absolutely hideous. I mean that in the most complimentary way possible. This saber is like watching a train wreck during an autopsy, you just can't take your eyes off of it. I love every detail of this saber, the thought, the design and execution of all the features. I love how you planned everything for the saber from the stand to the kill key and blade plug with a definite theme. THIS is what a contest saber should be, someones best game. This wasn't some fly by night, thrown together without thought saber, this was art. You sir have earned my sincerest respect and admiration. Now, the tough love: GET A FREAKIN' PC OR CF IN THIS BAD BOY PRONTO!!!! It deserves nothing less. Congratz on the win, and the beautiful/ugly saber
    Thanks so much Fender ! I am very glad that you Love/hated it It was indeed a long thought process and I appreciate all who have noticed.

Crystal Chambers - My wife agrees with you about the blood and guts aspect of the heart area a blood smear she saw it when it was done and said " ewww" lol. As forthe construction it it indeed just 5 aluminum tubes Lathed to different sizes and fit together with the outer tubes carved with the dremel, with the main tail pommel being carved out of a solid piece. you will see soon when i actually finish the build log and post it.
    As far as a PC-L.... I WILL DANG IT. just need a little time rest assured this saber will be improved shortly. !

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I loved it. Every aspect of it. It just isn't 'pretty' if I can try to elaborate. It's beautiful in the way that HR Geiger's stuff is. It was an awesome build, still love looking at it. I can be a pretty morbid guy, so I even liked the crazy 'guts' internals. Awesome work!

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS