Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: the BLOOD WYRM lightsaber (very pic heavy)

that some serious evil going on there! Great job!
    ...YUP!

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Excellent craftsmanship and great research.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There is a reason this saber won.

Because it is one of the best out there. Comparable to the killer Penny IMO. The amount of detail put into this just blows my mind...

Great job man, that's all I can say...

oh, and congrats.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Congrats on first place man. Bar raising work there on the carving fu. Not totally into the worm theme but I can see that skill making very stylistic and impressive hilts in general. Maybe something like Darth Sideous's saber with more style.

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Holy Heck! You got mad skill. This saber reminds me of the novel Dune by Frank Herbert. For those that haven't read it, There is giant sand worms.
    Great job! Let me say that again, GREAT JOB!

This saber seriously takes my breath away every time I look at it. I am about to begin my very first saber and I know this level of detail and crafting is not going to happen all at once for me, now I have something to work towards and to achieve slowly. Thank you so much for the inspiration in showing me what we can achieve with hard work and dedication. A true work of art. This saber is beautiful, menacing, enticing and so much more. Awesome work, you have got to be proud of it. Well done.
    "A lightsaber is an interesting weapon. A blade unique in the history of warfare. A paradox, not unlike the Jedi who wield it: those peaceful warriors, who kill in the service of life. Have you ever noticed? The blade is round. It has no edge. But it is a lightsaber—which means it is nothing but edge. There is no part of this blade that does not cut. Curious, yes? Symbolic, one might say."
    ―Vergere

I'll be honest, I never really like sabers that do not look like they are made out of machined parts, organic sabers usually turn me off. But this saber... it really looks like something right out of the EU and the craftsmanship that went into this is really amazing. Everything on that saber looks perfect, inside and out. Fantastic job, something to really be very proud off. The force is truly with your saber skills.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I think that this saber truly is a piece of art. You know that I have always loved your work and this is no exception...it is enough you that i knew it was yours too. Just very well done.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    I think that this saber truly is a piece of art. You know that I have always loved your work and this is no exception...it is enough you that i knew it was yours too. Just very well done.
    i am honored really? Knew it was mine. Dang. I did'nt think anyone would guess.

Wouldn't have guessed either. I barely looked at the other entries, this was so fantastic, it couldn't be beaten. The Sith win this year.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"