Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: the BLOOD WYRM lightsaber (very pic heavy)

Default the BLOOD WYRM lightsaber (Build log added to first post)

Borax presents
    BLOOD WYRM

First off I would like to thank everyone who voted for this saber and Lord Maul for his efforts in hosting the contest as well as Tim for making it possible. This saber was a fun ride from conception to realization.
    I had a vision of this very beastly, organic sith saber, that breathed rage and anger, and I feel this conveys that. She is a beauty to wield and loud too.

The build log is now up in two parts located here PART I and PART II

So lets get to the saber !

To start the spec for this saber are :
    - FX- Darth Maul sound Board
    - LEDengin 5W Deep Red
    - 1 x 2400mAh 18650 Lithium Battery
    - pololu board
    - 2 accent leds 1 blinky, 1 reg
    - tcss premium speaker
    - tact mom switch
    - recharge/kill port
    - genuine raw ruby crystal
    - Custom sheep horn stand. a real horn painted black.
    Then covered in the the "sith code", translated to the sith language,
    and written in the "sith prophecy" font

I was able to get a video of this made up. Its in 2 parts because i just keep yakking
    hope you like em.
    Part 1
    Part II

And now the Glams...

Let there be LIGHT !

I love the way the exposed Rib Cage area turned out !

the Beating Heart of this Saber

the chassis came out nice and clean as well

Here is how the speaker, recharge/kill port and switch looks inside the 'pommel' area

And finally a close up of the base stand

Well guys, thanks so much for all the support and I really hope you enjoy the Video and pics! As I mention in the video there will be a full "build" log for this as soon as I can sort through all my pictures that survived my camera dying

Last edited by Borax; 06-08-2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: adds

I cant believe how cool, evil, sithy, metallic and organic this saber is. A beating heart, and teeth and spines and horns, it is just epic. Wow and wow again. Hand carved aluminum, real old school metal working there. Bravo mate, bravo!!
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Absolutely fantastic. Extremely great work. I imagine that the amount of dremel/filing work on this must have taken a very long time and was very tedious. Awesome job.
    Last edited by ARKM; 05-30-2011 at 01:01 AM.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

speechless......just speechless.
    my hat off to you brother. this is just an amazing build.

This has to be one of my fav sabers ever, it reeks of sith. Clearly you have become quite the craftsmen.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Such a nice build. The beating heart! man, excellent.

Get rid of the fx sound card...

Yeah, I voted for this beast. Seeing it with a blade makes it look so sinister..
    Watching the videos, I got so excited hearing you looked things up on Wookieepedia and did some research. That's.. that's just primo in my book. The design is incredible, it looks amazing, definitely a look of art and certainly an instrument of pure evil. I love it.

Simply amazing. I love the finish and as the blade is inserted. A great job that deserves a big applause.

Absolutely fantastic, I voted for you. But could you elaborate on the whole hand carving aluminum thing? Did you use a dremel or what?