Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Planet Elemental Found on Kashyyyk

Nice saber. Looks awesome. You could get maybe some great leather and wrap it around where the switch is but leave enough to where you can still turn the saber on and off, same with the recharge port. Just a thought though.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Really high quality pvc work... I agree with Crystal chamber for the switch. The rest of the hilt's awesome....

The level of artistry in the carving of this saber just astounds me, it's very beautiful. However I do agree about the switch, it looks out of place, and doesn't fit the feel of the saber. What I would do, is a green illuminated anti vandal, but paint the metal of the switch with a think coating of brown paint to make it look like wood, masking the led ring would be challenging, but worth it.

Sorry I haven't been around in a while. School has been keeping me busy. Thank you everyone for all the great comments, I really appreciate it. I know that switch was a bad idea.
    i do like your idea Darkar of the anti-vandel switch, that would look really cool.

Force Aware
    Force Aware

that looks really incredible. how did you go about carving the pvc?
    "See first with your mind, then with your eyes, and finally with your body."

Quote Originally Posted by jcook1023 View Post
    that looks really incredible. how did you go about carving the pvc?
    Thank you Jcook. I just used the cutting wheel on my Dremel and just randomly carved grooves in the PVC.

Geez man, every time I look at this thread I'm simply dumbfounded at the quality of your work!

I may have just missed it, but how do you do the paintjob? Looks like airbrush, maybe?

Can't wait to see the next three, they will be an epic collection!

Quote Originally Posted by TrypWyr View Post
    Geez man, every time I look at this thread I'm simply dumbfounded at the quality of your work!

I may have just missed it, but how do you do the paintjob? Looks like airbrush, maybe?

Can't wait to see the next three, they will be an epic collection!
    Thank you Tryp. I spray painted a brown base coat, I used model paint and dry brushed the the shadows and highlights and I sponged painted the greens to achieve the moss effect.