Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Annihilator by Crystal Chambers

Default Annihilator by Crystal Chambers

Hey Guys

Here's my contest saber as many of you got to see during the contest. This is a personnal build that I really wanted to do for some time. It is currently my favourite. Something was missing till I saw the new pommel that Jaygon designed and was added to the store. Once I saw it, the ideas for ways to mod it came like crazy and it fit as a great design solution to the sith idea I had. Looking at the amount of contests build this pommel it's obviously becoming quite popular.

Tim did an amazing job on the custom work and flat black powder coating. I'm to happy to provide another example of his services. I'm really happy with the grip and how your hand goes over the switches easily, and the covertec blocks you hand fom sliding down the hilt . The choke and pommel is great as a second hand grip for a 1.5 handed saber. It balances great and spins nicely.The grey stripes are actually sign vinyl. I love the finish and how it looks with the semi polished aluminum and flat black. It's kinda semi gloss. I did this as a reference to Vader's armour as the inspiration overall is what if Ahsoka stayed on the darkside from her experience in that weird force place where she attacks Anakin and they both continue down a dark path together.

I lost my chassis pics but the insides were really tight as you can see and I ended up soldering things in place with barely enough lead to get access to solder. Otherwise once I took my time sizing up the chassis to make the most out of the space, the rest went really smooth. My cam turns it yellowish but while testing on video it came out nice and even white core. The deep red LEDengine is also proven popular by the amount of contest sabers that feature it. It is bright when overdriven and comparible to my Liberty build just posted that runs a lux 3 cyan overdriven, or my blue p4 with US.2.5.

Saber name: Annihilator
    Specs:
    MHS parts and overlay with custom work and flat black powdercoating by Tim at TCSS
    Custom pommel insert and aux switch
    Custom blade plug
    Calibrating crystal killkey
    Petit Crouton Unlocked V1.3 With Madcow's Korriban font
    2 TrustFire Protected 3.7V 900mAh 14500 Lithium-Ion batterypack
    Reverse sound with sound venting under overlay and removeable speaker for SD card access.
    LEDengin 5W deep red driven at 1500ma
    Green LED sequenced by the PC
    Two Red LEDs in pommel, One blinking one solid
    34" thickwalled trans white blade with 6 feet of clear wrap and modified mirror

Now for the fun stuff. Pics!
    I really like how the first one came out. The only thing I did to this was add the lens flares and logos. This is actually how it came out which I think looks epic and like a painting which I might actually paint someday. I took the letter from a heavy metal band and you've probably seen my logo by now. Otherwise I was rushed last minute with pics for the contest so they could've been better.

Looking forward to all your feedback. "Don't under estimate the power, of the darkside."
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 05-28-2011 at 07:39 PM.

Fantastic job CC ! I liked this one as it is really clean and simple and just looks battle ready. indeed the the 5w ledengin is popular lately i actually blew one up while building blood wyrm and the new one came just in time lol. I like the pommel section on this one a lot. I will have to say that i am not a fan of the cord plug, but its not bad. i would say however i think if you can get the white writing off of there it would help all over a great build and i look forward to the others you have waiting in the wings!

Cool saber.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Give me an A! A
    Give me an W! W
    Give me an E! E
    Give me an S! S
    Give me an O! O
    Give me an M! M
    Give me an E! E
    Whats that spell? Awesome!

It looks like it fits in your hand like your were born with it.

Great Job CC

Awesome custom detailing. I also have to say that now that I've done some shroud work, I can appreciate a great looking shroud job a lot. Good to see you back in saber building CC.
    Yub Yub Commander.

two words...

LOVE IT!!!

the darkside is always so appealing to me!
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

This appeals to my inner Sith, another fantastic saber crystal, job well done.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

I'm really not going to complain about THIS double post.

That's really cool. I really like the use of a choke in the pommel section of a saber. You've done it again, great job.
    You also have alot of great design elements in your sabers. Everything in your designs just flow & compliment one another.
    Last edited by Darth Midian; 05-29-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Looks like pure evil. I swear, I've only seen a couple of your sabers and I don't think you can build a bad one!