Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunrider's Praxis Saber

fantastic saber, just to cool
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

It was VERY obvious to me who built this saber. The emitter is very similar to the one in your banner. Also we all got to watch you building what may have become this chamber, but much improved from the one we watched you build.

The amount of Innovation in this saber is awesome. The crystal chamber shows a lot of serious consideration to the right amount of greeblies, aesthetic balance, and light dispersal. The Emitter shots here are way beyond the contest pics and the way the light shows the shapes and layers look great. The attention to detail and balance overall is a nice compliment to the technical features is houses. My only crit, and it's obviously a personnal preference, is that I don't know where this would fit in the Star Wars timeline since I'm not very familiar with EU, and I would like the look better with some type of choke or more variation to the diameter. Otherwise an amazing saber very award worthy. A great saber, praise and a prize. Congrats on the triple win!
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 05-29-2011 at 07:45 AM.

Really amazing work. Jaw dropping. Enjoy that new saber... its gorgeous.

The only constructive thing I can say is "WOW"!

jaw has dropped to the floor and i deem this saber epic!
    ...YUP!

Sunrider, that is just an amazing saber. I know I saw the inside, but I'm still amazed on how you put all that in a saber, just amazing. Simply amazing

Thanks for the kind comments everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by pointoforigin View Post
    This has to be my favourite saber of all time. Movies included. I love how you solved the problem of the PC not having enough power to supply the ridiculously greedy LED. Do I understand correctly that the 10k pot provides load for the main LED out, and then you take the signal from the pot to the driver?
    The 3 150ma accent leds are the load on the PC. The POT is placed in parallel with those leds and the wiper terminal of the POT is the adjustable PWM signal out.

Right, excellent. That makes a lot of sense. I love the innovation here.

Yep, this was an easy spot in terms of it's creator. Good work as usual, I love the chassis and chamber. Very you. Funny thing is in your sig the modified mara overlays look goldy/brass, I would have had those annodized gold for some contrast.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Agreed that this was instantaneously recognizable as your work. That said, it is FAR above your previous efforts in execution and design, it just carried your 'style'. This was kind of a 'put up or shut up' build with me. For the last several months I've listened to you prattle on (ribbing you here) about that bloody SSR90, which I like don't get me wrong, but GODS man! Your green saber did nothing for me in the design department other than remind me of this Eastman aluminum bat I used to play Baseball with as a kid :P But, this saber, you 'put it up'. You fit all that stuff, in a 12" hilt that still had style, and you packed it with a beautiful crystal chamber to boot. Congratz man, this was a beautiful job and you should be proud.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS