Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TCSS Saberbuilding Contest Results

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

CLAP...CLAP...CLAP...CLAP...CLAP...CLAP...CLAP...C LAP...CLAP...CLAP...CLAP...CLAP...CLAP...CLAP...CL AP...CLAP...CLAP...CLAP...CLAP...
    That is my round of applause to all.

Congrats to Borax; Blood Wyrm is out of this world sick. When I saw that, I had to pick my jaw off the desk. Fabulous job.

All the participants did such a spectacular job.

It was awesome to see so many brilliant ideas incorporated into the sabers. It was a great journey and my first PC-L build, and I can walk away saying I learned (and stole) alot from the other contestants that I can implement in future builds. Great effort to all and to Borax & Sunrider... What have you guys been smoking???? LOL!!! You guys are taking saber building to a whole new universe, Extra special well done!

LOVE AS ALWAYS...
    bk_renesis (BAZ)
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Thanks for the votes and the kind words. And great job everyone. Borax, wow your saber is stunning in detail. You deserve first. I cant think of anything like yours I have ever seen before. Way to raise the bar!

I will soon post a detailed thread I have been preparing for a while. & MTFBW Everyone!

Lord Maul - Thanks for running a tight contest once again. Even though there were less enties this year, the bar has been raised overall.

Regarding your feedback, thanks. It is awesome to weild and I really like it I couldn't be happier with it. Being compared to Madcow at any point is a huge compliment. Canadian thing I guess lol. I do disagree about the switch and feel it has been so complimented by the design that the only way it could be improved is to make a plunger switch like the aux only large as the guarded switch. Anything else would change it where it was designed to suit it and the aux switch was made to mimic it. I feel I could've brought a more competitive build that may have done better in the contest but I wanted to do this build so badly that I lost site of the competition which is beyond the entries last year. I'm still really happy with it. It's my current fav. Does this mean I've joined the darkside?

Thanks to Tim for the great custom work and powder coating on the MHS. For all that Tim provides us I'm happy to give another example of what is possible with MHS and Tim's services.

Thanks to everyone who participated and made some amazing sabers. I look forward to seeing your gallery/build pics and more info about your sabers. I'm looking forward to posting in the gallery myself and seeing your feedback.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 05-28-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    /blush

thanks... i tried fitting a chassis in there, but just didn't have 2 extra millimeters for anything more so i left it as-is supporting itself (and hoping it would act as a self-chassis, which it kinda does in a way) and pressed between the speaker holder and the choke. looking back, i should have gone ahead and made a micro crystal chamber opposite the switches and threaded a couple rods into the choke to act as a chassis - i don't have a way of drilling holes like that at the moment though - the bit won't fit in my dremel. but more dremel bits and bobs are on the way, so who knows? ^_^

i still have a long way to go though, it seems. ^_^ i have to catch up with all these other wonderful saber crafters. ^_^ congrats to everyone! and especially those that won! i'll be watching you closely, so watch out!
    Chassis =/ crystal chamber. That design is a bit tight to try to fit in a chamber, but just having a firm chassis makes things a lot easier and look better.

@CC - To each his (or her) own. Regardless of the switch, I still really dig the saber
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Well done to you all, your a big insperation to all of us in saber land
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul View Post
    Darth Midian - Cool build! Organic sabers are very hard to do well, but you nailed this one. The venting around the emitter is my favorite part of it. The seam in the middle is pretty visible, though I don't know enough about sculpting to recommend a fix. I think I speak for many people here: Use metal. You've mastered PVC sabers, lets see what you can do with MHS or just metal tubing (eastern57 style). This contest is about growth, I was really hoping to see a kickass metal saber from ya
    Thank you LM, I really appreciate the compliments & the advice. Congratulations to Borax, Sunrider & everyone else who participated in this contest. I'm really happy that I was able to enter in this contest. I makes me feel good knowing that my saber was ranked with all these great sabers. That there is enough of an award for me. I think Randy Jackson would be disappointed with me, because I wasn't in it to win it. I was in it for the fun of it. I personally feel I've grown in my saber building. I've definatly learned alot this past year, with using Li-ion's, recharge ports, the 2010 econo boards, with my MHS Starkiller, & using an FX Maul board. I really do like using MHS parts & working with aluminum. I have a bunch of MHS builds planned. It's just at this stage of the game for me I'm a sabersmith on a very tight budget. After I finish my Nihl saber I do plan on rebuilding my wifes saber out of MHS, & my dueling saber out of 1.25 sink tube, MHS adapters & parts. Also I would like to thank the members who voted for my saber, Thank you.
    Last edited by Darth Midian; 05-29-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

cardcollecter - This saber strikes me as a great dueling saber. No real frills, good grip, built for beating the crap out of people. The electronics look very secure in that chassis. Suggestion time.. The paint scheme is very monochromatic. Nothing on it really grabs the eye, and the chassis is the same way.
    It is good to know that is what the saber communicated, as that is what my intention was.
    I will take those suggestions to heart. I really aprrereciate your feedback LM, and you organizing this contest. It was an awesome experience to compete will you all and would gladly do so again!
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

IndustrialAction - This is your best saber to date in my opinion. I've only seen one or two other sabers with carbon fiber on them, I think it should be used more often. The saber seems a bit long but if you're a two handed dueler then it would make sense. It looks to me like some slack could be taken out of the wires but I could be wrong. Great work!
    Thank you Lord Maul! It was a really fun and challenging build. I wasn't able to accomplish all that I wanted to with this saber (it was always meant to have a fully chassis/crystal chamber, be a bit shorter and have a shroud) but time got away from me getting the paint and carbon fiber the way I wanted it. I really enjoyed building Sith'ari and I will post a thread and video soon showing some upgrades that have been done since submission. It is a big saber but I'm a big (not fat, LOL) guy so you'll see bigger sabers from me. I hope everyone liked it. If you did, just wait until you see the next two sabers I'll be revealing!

Thanks again for a great contest! I was proud to participate!!

Thanks Lord Maul* means a lot coming from you! and yer the leds were slightly miss-aligned..i dont have a drill press and one of them went wonky as i drilled..and not having a nother bar of solid brass like that i was stuck with it but over all im very happy with it.

Im not sure if any one spotted it but Muur's Revoke is a tribute saber and is based on one of if not the first Sith Lord's lightsaber, Karness Muur.

heres the only two pics of Karness Murr's lightsaber i could find (bar his earlier protosaber). It is mostly based off the righthand picture.

and thanks for the votes guys im bloody happy with my 6th place result

I must say once again how impressed i was with the other entries, tho Darth Midian yours was my favorite.
    Last edited by vctrsone; 05-30-2011 at 01:09 AM. Reason: im a nub
    }---------------{
    ]-----------------"Fullmerge Benzin"----------------------------------------:Beware of the dark side:--------------------------------------- "Fierfek"--------------------------------[