Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Which is brighter???

Take note that the rebel blue is more ANH blue than PT blue. Closer to cyan than pure blue. It is however brighter than a p4 royal blue even before overdriving.

You can't really take the Luxeon colors as anything specific, as they are arranged over 6 bins, so there is a lot of variation. The P4's are only 3 bins per color so they are much more comparable.
    You should post what bin you were using when comparing colors.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

the manufacturer specs are also without a big heatsink on them. the max is then listed based on heat buildup in controlled conditions.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    You can't really take the Luxeon colors as anything specific, as they are arranged over 6 bins, so there is a lot of variation. The P4's are only 3 bins per color so they are much more comparable.
    You should post what bin you were using when comparing colors.
    I am using the Rebel Blue from TCSS. What bin is that? To my eyes, it is really close to the blue in ANH which in turn is really more cyan than blue. I believe the general consensus here is that a rebel blue is not as true blue as blue should be.

I'm actually fine with that, as I didn't want a royal blue like in the Prequels, anyway. So, now for the big question- what's the absolute max I could overdrive the rebel? 1.5A? If so, that'd be sweet... And yes, I realize I would need some sort of thermal compound if I were to go this high...
    "Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive"-Darth Sidious

I wouldn't go above 1.5A personally, and using thermal compound is always a good idea

ok, I'll probably go with 1.5, then. I actually might start off with something less, like 1A, see if I like it, and if not, I'll bump it up.
    "Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive"-Darth Sidious