Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which is brighter???

Ok, well this changes things a bit. Thanks a lot Az, your always so helpful! After seeing that pic, and considering I will drive whichever led I end up using with the PC-L at 1.5A, I'm gonna have to go with the P4 I think. CC, is the P4 a lighter shade of blue than the Dental, but brighter?
    "Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive"-Darth Sidious

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

to be perfectly honest, they're about the same shade to my eyes - they also make hilighter glow the same way too so i know they both put out UV.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Yep, I definitely noticed UV coming from my P4 blue from TCSS. I've got 2 here that I'll decide between for my CF build depending on which has the more true blue I'm looking for.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Ok, I guess I'll go with the P4, then. At 1.5A, it should be plenty bright.

EDIT: aaaaannd, the shop is out of the blue P4... Maybe I'll go with the ledengin 5W blue instead... I guess whatever's in stock by the time I order, I'll go with. Unless... is the Luxeon Rebel blue comparable to a P4 when overdriven? Or would I be better with the ledengin?
    Last edited by Master Valon; 05-30-2011 at 08:25 PM.
    "Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive"-Darth Sidious

You can't really overdrive rebels and I've heard they are weak when compared to the P4's, I'd either go with the P4 or LEDengin.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

I am pretty sure I read before that rebels love to be overdriven.

You can overdrive just about any rebel without damaging them except for red. I have blue, cyan and greens all running at 1.5A with no issues.

really? Coulda sworn the datasheet said max current for them was 1A... Well, maybe I'll go with the rebel, cuz the shop's all out of blue P4s, and I'm ordering this weekend, so... yea haha

The term overdrive means to go over the manufacturer's specs.

Wow, I'm embarrassed... well in that case, how far do you reccommend I push it passed that 1A? Like, 1300mA? Or could I go the full 1500mA?