Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Liberty by Crystal Chambers

Beautiful work. I was going to question using a brass thumbscrew or covertec clip to pull some more of that accent through the saber, but the more I look at it I realize you made the correct choice. I don't know how it duels, but it has a stunning visual balance. Bravo.

Awesome work! This saber has an amazing balance. Quite a piece you've created here.

Very nice overlay work with an overall madcow/VV feel. Awesome work CC.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Thanks everyone!

amwolf - Your not the first to make the same observations. I considered the same options but I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by bk_renesis View Post
    Very nice overlay work with an overall madcow/VV feel. Awesome work CC.
    This is a VERY flattering compliment seeing as they're both huge influences if not the two most influencial sabersmiths that inspire me.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Thanks everyone!

amwolf - Your not the first to make the same observations. I considered the same options but I agree.

This is a VERY flattering compliment seeing as they're both huge influences if not the two most influencial sabersmiths that inspire me.
    It was most definitely intended to be!!!
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Just thought i would say, Love your work
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Another double post I won't complain about.

Karen that is a great design. I love your painting technique, & the multiple shroud layers. That's also a great idea for the sound. Do you have a video? I would like to here it.
    Last edited by Darth Midian; 05-29-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Very pretty! I really like the incorporated sound vents, quite innovative. I agree with DM, get a video, if you can.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

I do plan to do a video for this soon. The sound venting is very noticeable and projects volume at your opponent which blends well during dueling. I want to get a stand to display it on and have a specific font in mind that really suits it but I'll have to wait and show you.