Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Liberty by Crystal Chambers

Default Liberty by Crystal Chambers

Hey guys

A new saber posted from me is long over do but I think it's well worth the wait. Like many of the builds I've been working on, I've been using a new paint technique I'm proud to show everyone. I call it Transcolour Weathering. With this technique I can work up a variety of textures and colour tint them.

Up till now all of my sabers have been personal builds that I've become quite attached to. This saber is one where I decided I would attempt to build a saber that any collector would be happy to own.

I named it Liberty because of the image of the Statue of Liberty or one of many great monuments, due to the Transcolour Weathering.

Features:

PC-U still unlocked but currently running Madcow's Hero font
    Lux 3 cyan bin1 driven at 1.2A
    2 cell Li Ion trustfire battery pack with in hilt recharge port
    Reverse sound positioned speaker with venting under all overlays using harmonica looking sound channels
    Custom brass mom switches
    Transcolour Weathering, clear coated and baked

Arc Angel Armouries is proud to present ....

EDIT: video demo of soundventing!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVItm...ASol_g9aSQ2jdn

The only thing left to do with this saber is fine tune the config files and give it a thorough test to make sure that it runs stable and will withstand light dueling.

Looking forward to your comments, criticism, feedback and questions.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 02-01-2012 at 06:10 AM.

Truly amazing, I've never seen a saber from you I haven't wished I could own. Congrats Crystal

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

that looks sweet! i bet it makes an awesome heavy dueler.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Thanks! It has the board in the ribbed section and battery pack in the pommels section to balance it out with the weight of the overlays. The inside of the top section is the speaker, resonating space, and the switch mount. Scratching the paint which is baked so it shouldn't scratch too easy but it's best to be careful. I'd also be a little concerned about damaging the switches but otherwise it should hold up to heavy dueling.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 05-28-2011 at 09:27 AM.

Looks great CC. The more you look at it, the more layers of detail you find.
    Its a thing of beauty.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

WOW!......WOW!.....That is just amazing, I love your overlays with the sound coming from behind. Great job CC. :^)

Thanks again. The overlays were needed to do the sound channels the way I wanted and I'm happy with the way the overlays look wih the extra layers. The pics are on my girlfriend's back step. I really like using the plungers. Makes it more custom, they don't stand out too much visually, and they're unique. Most of my sabers from here on will have them on way or the other.

Good lookin' saber.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Fascinating design. I like the extension part leading into the pommel; don't really see enough of that. And the fact that the covertec is near the blade holder makes it awesome in my book. Great work!