Thread: Wiring Diagram Check, Please and Thank You

Default Wiring Diagram Check, Please and Thank You

Hey all so I ordered all of my parts and I made this wiring diagram today and wondered if you could double check it This is my first saber with sound and Ive done tons of reading so I hope this is close LOL...Also I was thinking of running a accent led to my pommel, what would be the best way you think? off the collector of the pnp transistor like the led and illuminated switch or off one of the led negitives that isnt being used off the board. I thought I have read it two different ways while researching but I cant seem to find it again hehe. Thanks so much for your input and Happy Saber building!

That looks perfect. Just one thing, you will want to get 2 swing sensors and put them in perpendicular directions, and I also recommend a clash sensor from the store.
    I'd be careful giving your board 6v too, they like to fry at that voltage. You can either switch to NiMH rechargables (some at TCSS or they are available at most stores that sell batteries) which will give you 4.8v.
    Alternatively you can use a 5v regulator to hold back some of the voltage.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

If I was you I would use a lion setup with a recharge port so you could chrge batteries in hilt instead of having to always change the batteries

your diagram looks good

some of the econo boards can take 6v and others can't not sure why this is
    could be the batches that they do not sure......good luck on your build

Thanks Skottsaber, I will use 2 swing sensors and a clash senor from tcss( I just happened to ordered 2 of both of those in case I broke something haha). Changing to 4.8v will be another story. According to the resistor chart I will need different resistors. A 68 ohm 1/4 watt for the SPST Blue Illuminated switch and a 1.5 ohm 5 watt for the Blue P4 LED. Im pretty sure I can make this happen though, but TCSS dosent sell a 68 ohm 1/4 watt would a 82 ohm 1/4w resistor be a ok substitute? they carry those. Also Jin Starkiller I didnt set it up with a recharge port because I forgot to order the hole service and a 2.1mm power jack lol, Ill do it on the next saber for sure Also does anyone have any Input on the accent LED question I had. Thanks so much for the advice given so far Its been a huge help

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

well, you can wire your accent LED just like the switch LED - then mount it in the pommel.

as for the accent LED resistors, yeah the 82 ohm will be fine.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Thanks for clearing that up for me Azmaria Dei It is much appreciated.
    "Yoda was a Jarhead"

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

any time hon. ^_^
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Ok I have reworked my diagram to use 4.8V NiMH rechargeables like Skottsaber suggested to avoid frying the sound board. I have also added a accent led into the diagram for a lighted pommel I think how Azmaria Dei suggested. If you could look over my changes and give me thumbs up or down that would be great. Thanks for taking the time to look it over.

"Yoda was a Jarhead"

You look set, good luck on your build!

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Thank you Skottsaber, I appreciate you taking the time to look over my diagram.
    "Yoda was a Jarhead"