Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New to the Forum but not the hobby.

Welcome aboard

I barely skim over FX now and then but I did recognize you. I had the same thing happen to my first US 2.5 but I scratched the burnt stuff off and soldered to the trace. Works great for well over a year. Since then I've used the same cheapy iron on another US, MR, PC and CF with out any problems I couldn't easily fix. My bad was I wasn't cleaning and tinning my tip properly.

Well since your not really new I'll sKip the speal about "reading all the stickies" and blah blah "you can do it" talk.. to say ..

Welcome to Tcss forums!! (glad to have your experience on board). I actually have an old fx account too (but my post count is less then 5 total). I found I really just loved tcss DIY attitude. Enjoy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

Hi Crystal! I remember when you first joined at FX to showcase Mantis. Still has to be some of my favourite shroud work & a great design & build. Glad to hear you got your US fixed too, I wasn't quite so fortunate. The trace on mine lifted & started to deteriorate forcing me to chase it around the PCB like a mad thing. After some trial & error I got it working again by dividing the core of a wire in two & soldering one part to the first component on one branch & the other to the first component on the second branch (I must have broken the connection between the two branches even though it appeared to be intact, something my father would have mocked me mercilessly for :P ).
    Thank you for the welcome dgdve, I did make a point of reading the noob threads when I joined. Being a family orientated forum I did find a lot of similarities where conduct is concerned. I had wondered why there were no sales threads but that makes sense.
    Many thanks once again for the warm welcome. I've already posted a few of my builds in the FX conversions thread as that's where the majority of my experience is so far. Most of them are pretty standard but a couple of them are a bit more out of the ordinary. I'm on the verge of finishing my first MHS build, once as I've wired up the LED display & switch it'll be done.
    Last edited by Darth Inferis; 05-31-2011 at 05:10 AM.