Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum but not the hobby.

Default New to the Forum but not the hobby.

Greetings all from the sunny UK!
    I decided it was about time I stopped lurking & joined up. A few of you may know me from the FX Sabers Forum. Already made use of some of the extremely handy tutorials & wiring diagrams here. Should also have my second MHS based saber finished this week after it being a work in progress for about a year or more.

welcome to TCSS - I've seen you on FX before (same name for me here & there).
    Yub Yub Commander.

Hi Knighthammer. Many thanks for the welcome. I thought I recognised your username, I've been on FX for almost two years & just made my 500th post there earlier today. I've also been working for a UK store converting Force FX sabers with TCSS kits for over a year. I've made some great friends on FX & learned a great deal from the talented sabersmiths there & hope to do the same here.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

LOL, definitely not new. Welcome man.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Welcome.

Many of us do know you from FX-Sabers.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Many thanks General & J-Lo. Great to finally be here.

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Welcome I am more active here than over at FX, but I have read quite a few threads that you posted in. Lost of great information.

Greetings amigo! I was just reading your introduction post on FX earlier as it goes. Sorry to hear about your US woes man. I had the exact same problem with my first US2.5 although mine was more self inflicted. The soldering iron I was using was unregulated & it burned the pad clean off the far right corner of the board. Broke my heart because it was the first decent soundboard I owned. Still is, the only other boards I've worked with so far are MR boards. I wound up chasing the track with some conductive silver paint & solder. With my luck it won't last but it's working for now. I'm really hoping that it lasts long enough to install it in a hilt. While I'd love to own a CF board one day it's easier said than done & people have been trying far longer than I have without luck. I'm saving up to buy a PC-L but I don't have the tools to work on one safely so I'll probably ask a sabersmith to install it for me.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

welcome to TCSS. i've also seen you around FX, though i'm not that active there as well.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Many thanks Azmaria, I've seen a few of your posts on FX too. Love the signature pic BTW. I'm a big fan of the Alliance saber, JYN did an excellent job designing it & Acerocket brought it to life perfectly. Wish I could have obtained one myself but the timing was bad a far as my finances go.
    Many thanks to all for the warm welcome, it's greatly appreciated.