Thread: First Sith saber

Default First Sith saber

Well, I'm planning my first sith saber and I think I'll try to use a Madcow style chassis. My idea is to build a saber for a gentleman sith, as Count Dooku, so I choose a simple but aesthetically pleasing design, something that remembers the Windu's saber but with a more sithy looking. The special thing in this saber is the possibility to access the electronics unscrewing the whole main body and not only the pommel. So all the electronics into the saber will be a solid static piece. I'll use some plastic tube cutted to hold the PC-L with two clips (see Madcow's last sabers), that platic tube will hold also the speaker (it will be glued) and the 4 AAA battery holder, but here I have an obstacle: until now all my sabers have removable batteries, when they are exausted I pull them out, put them in my charger and then I put them again in the holder into the saber. With the setup I planned for this saber that would be quite difficult, so I think I'll have to buy the external charger to charge the batteries from the inside of the saber, but I'll have to find an adapter for the european 220 Volts socket.
    After this "short" introduction, I put here the diagrams, do you think they are correct? In the first picture you see the saber complete, probably I'll use 6 or 7 3.6" rubber grips, the adhesive is enough strong for light dueling and coreografy?
    In the second one you see the internal view of the saber. In the third one you see a diagram, the light green lines are the dimensions of each piece.

5.jpg

3.jpg

2-1.jpg

Thank you !
    Last edited by Picky; 05-22-2011 at 12:24 PM.
    It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life.
    [Jean-Luc Picard]

While it does look like a solid design,
    I still miss a certain sithyness, other than the obligatory red blade....

mTm

Official Owner of Skottsaber at Bowling

You are right! I'm not good in designing sith sabers! But I like that design: it is clean and fluid, perfect to try for the first time the Madcow's chassis style
    It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life.
    [Jean-Luc Picard]