Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Consular Saber

Nice saber. Me and my bro are going to be using that same soundboard for a build. I would get 2 li-ion 14500's though, you'll get more room inside then. Also what are you using the stock toy blade for? Protection for the soundboard? Whats the main blade color by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Boj-Vaati Mau View Post
    How goes on the RPort mount? I just reread the post by JGJ and think that's an excellent option too. I'd fogotten about that one when we were chatting. If you wnat a bit more security for the Port, you could get a C-clip tha'll fit the Port threads, clipping it on outside of the PVC Clip.
    well, I tried the tweezers, and ended up breaking one of my solder connections. So I am going to go the C-clip route. I am going to cut out a section of my sled that the PVC C-clip will fill in for.

Now I just need to either wait until I can visit my dad's house / my girlfriend's dad's house, or buy myself a drill and a bit and tap set for the recharge port size.

The only thing I'm confused on is how to get the PVC C-clip inside the saber. If I cut the C-Clip with a huge gap to compress with the recharge port extended, it will be too sponge-y when I put any pressure on the port.

If I cut it with a very small cut that mostly fills the MHS hilt entirely, then I'll have to install the recharge port into the C-Clip once it's already inside the hilt...basically the same problem I currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    Nice saber. Me and my bro are going to be using that same soundboard for a build. I would get 2 li-ion 14500's though, you'll get more room inside then. Also what are you using the stock toy blade for? Protection for the soundboard? Whats the main blade color by the way?
    I'm using 18500's because they are a little shorter than 18650's, which give me the room I need for my sound chamber. The stock toy blade section is fitted to the end of the sound chamber, and has matching holes drilled out for the main switch and recharge port. It's basically serving as a plastic lining/ extended sound chamber/ soundboard protection. It also has little notches cut into it to hold the soundboard and batteries in their places.
    Main blade color is a rebel green driven at 1300mAh.
    Last edited by Causa; 05-23-2011 at 11:49 AM.

Nice work. I'm also glad to see the sabers parts. It lets me know the size of what to get. Thanks for putting it next to the "toy" saber.

Board Lurker

What type of PNP transistor are you using? I need to find out for a friend. I can't seem to remember what it was. Thanks!
    >Jedi can carry a red saber!!!
    >Since when?
    >Since they became Sith!!