Thread: New PVC Saber.

Default New PVC Saber.

Hey everyone! Thought I would put up some pics of my newest PVC saber.

I haven't thought of a name yet... it gets harder and harder to name these things.

So there you have it. Green P4, new Hasbro sound card, its got some warn grooves on it, and painted in gold and hammered silver. I'm actually going to sell this one when I finish the touch up paint.

What do you guys think?

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like the build. It is simple for PVC, but it is easy to see you put some work into it. I don't see an endcap... Which is neat.

If you do wind up selling it, you might want to replace the switch with a guarded one... those basic switches have a tendency to break.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Simple two tone paint scheme. I like it.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Thanks! I wanted to keep this one simple since this will be my first sell. There is no real "pummel" on it, I actually used the end of one of the hasbro sabers and inserted it in the pvc. It fit perfect. Never knew those type of switch are fragile. I never have had any trouble, but good to know.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They aren't really fragile, they work great for display and choreography hilts. But I have had many of these switches break when moderate dueling is involved.

Oh, and BTW, it is "Pommel". Pummel is a style of beating someone up.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Nice saber Vox. Simple, clean lines. The colors work well together. I think that's a great idea on using the pommel from a hasbro saber. I totally agree with Cardcollector on the switch. If its going to a client you definatly want to use a guarded switch. I've used those switches on my childrens sabers, they're good switches its just that when you're doing spins or dueling with them you'll accidently turn off your saber, with the guarded switch you won't have that issue. I love seeing pvc sabers.