Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm a little worried about getting a 3W red LED

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

He just today said the kits will be up around Tuesday (tomorrow) and he offers kits/conversions together. In other words, as soon as the kits are available he starts offering conversions.

Tim has done an MR + Corbin's board conversion before so it's not an issue of whether he does/doesn't do it.

BTW did you know the MR board itelf offers a power up/down? It's faster and not suitable for use with Corbin's film but often you can't tell it's much different. It's definatly not instant on/off.

See for yourself: http://www.zippyvideos.com/4737448035341456/lux/

I can compare an MR lux conversion to the stock and Corbin's if you'd like also.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Council Member
    Sith Lord

is the one in the front the one with corbins board [?]

At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

No, the front one is a MR conversion. The back one is a stock Mace I believe.

Like I said if anyone wants I can compare all three in a vid. It'd be a Corbin (green) vs. MR conversion (red) vs. Stock Anakin ROTS. For a Luke ROTJ ignition the MR conversion works well. Corbin's up/down is pretty slow in comparison, but to get the better extension/retraction it needs to be. His board depend on the film with the core.

</center>

Thank you sooooooo much for that video and informing me that it already has the power up and down effects but do you know if everyone's conversions include it or is it only on certian people or sabers?

All the MR sound boards work the same so as long as it has the stock board you will be fine.[]

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, it's all in the wiring. It's because the MR normally lights up banks at a time. When you link all of those wires togther in the conversion it equates to the same thing. It's not as nice as Corbin's but it's FAR better than nothing.

</center>

Thank you so much, I really appreciate the information but now I'm yet again in a color struggle, I just simply can't decide on what color I want, so maybe I'll ask tim if he can get me a LED converted Anakin with a quick change LED kit and a green, red, and blue quick change ready LEDs.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I'm not sure how well any "quick change kit" would work... with the "buttons" and all it's not just a simple screw in and out like an MHS hilt. The conversions are actually bolted down.

Really if you can't decide you need to go to a white and filters.

</center>

Hmm, well if I can't decide on what I color then I might leave it up to votes of others just for kicks. I'll ask my friends for their color that they would like and take count and if you guys want you can say what color you guys like most and if you want you can say why. I'm not going to pick just based on what others say I just want to see the count on what people like is all.

Sith red[}]

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>