Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm a little worried about getting a 3W red LED

In my pic the red looks like it fades toward the tip - but that is the camera mistakenly confusing it for orange. To the eye it looks very even.

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

Okay, I'm decided, I'm getting an Anikan Ultra FX with Red 3W Lux but I have to special order it to get the 3W driver installed. I'll post pics when I get it but it will be a while.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Ultra is is has/using Corbin's driver? That's new... I haven't heard of him doing that.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Council Member
    Sith Lord

i think he just uses MR stuff

At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge.

Why don't you get the kit from Tim to convert a Anakin yourself[?]

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Read my other posts, I don't want to deal with soldering on my first saber I just want to get a pre-made one for my first one so I can better understand how it works and see everything in front of me. And Ultra doesn't offer the 3W driver but I'm going to see if I can e-mail him and make a special order for more money in order to get a 3W driver installed. I don't know yet if he will, I haven't got a response on any of my e-mails to him in over 9 days.

Here is another thought buy a Anakin MR and have Tim convert it for you, since you want a ready made saber.

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I'm not sure Ultra would do it. Does he even have any? Unless you use Corbin's film it's quite pointless too to add the driver.

I know it's your perogative but... there are digrams and tutorials out there. Why do you need to look at it? You'd have to open up the saber to see the wiring and at that point you've done half of the conversion. As long as you can follow a diagram you should be fine... unless you've never soldered in your life, but even then soldering is about the act seeing the results doesn't teach you anything.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Council Member
    Sith Lord

you said it xwing

At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge.

Well, the only reason I want the 3W driver is for the powering up and powering down effects and I think Ultra could do it. I don't know yet that's why I have to ask him. If he does he will probably get it from TCSS so that's good. But I can't get tim to make an Anikan conversion because he doens't offer anikan conversions, look at the MR conversion products page. He only has the Vader and Mace ones.