Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Original Light Saber c. 1977 Force Beam Flashlight Saber

Quote Originally Posted by spreadneck View Post
    I remember some official sabers that I saw as a kid that had black hilts, did not light up, and the colored blades were fluted on the ends to make an interesting (but not particularly lightsaber-ish) sound when swung through the air.
    I so remember those. I had the red one. You couldn't duel with then. The blades where too flimsy if I remember correctly. But they were still fun. I also had the flashlight saber. I never would've thought back then that I would be building lightsabers in my 30's.

DSCN2797.jpgDSCN2798.jpgDSCN2799.jpg

The Force Beam
    Yep, in fact I have one! In my closet since about 1978! In perfect condition except missing the decal that was on the side - must have fallen off a long time ago.

Edit by Moderator:

There is no selling allowed in the Forums. Please do not attempt to sell anything again.

Thank you,
    Jedi-Loreen
    Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 03-15-2013 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Atempting to sell an item, not allowed

My apologies.

Well - at least I know there are two now. A red one and a green one.

Man! I always wanted one of those when I was a kid. My first saber was the green "The Force" lightsaber from Kenner(still have it), but my friend had the force beam style flashlight saber...it was red and I wanted a light up saber soooo bad. Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

My first lightsabers were pieces of construction paper rolled and taped into tubes. My first officially licensed saber was a gray hilted one I ordered from The Adventurer (LucasArts gaming) magazine in the early nineties. It was from the George Lucas Super Live Adventure Show, which was a stunt/ variety act that aired in Japan, celebrating Lucas' work. the blade had really rigid tubing that probably would have cracked, so I never dueled with it, though the bulb did strobe which gave a really cool flicker effect! Man, if I only knew back then what would be available today, I don't know if I would have believed it!
    Follow Your Bliss

I remember that. Mine was blue. It was a Christmas present but I got it early. I slept with it nearby. Just in case....
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

i own one of these in full working order

I had the hollow one in green, But I remember mine glowing in the dark. I also remember it stinging like a wiffle ball bat.

I still have my Force Beam- the golf tube is a little crunchy, but serviceable. Mine has three color lenses under the pommel cap in Red, Blue and Green that I could swap out for different colors.

In the pic, L to R: Force Beam, MR, Hyperdyne

IMG_6956.jpg