Thread: Help! Corbin Driver?

Talking Help! Corbin Driver?

Hi all. So I've read a bunch and heard of resistors, buckpucks and drivers. An LED driver is obviously the best way to go, but the store doesn't say much. Do all LED drivers have power up/down, clash, lock-up, idle, and swing effects? Do different boards have different effects? What do the ones in the store do? Are all LED drivers Corbin drivers? if no what's the difference. Do drivers normally/ever include sounds? Thanks for all the answers everyone. I'm stumped and this seems pretty important.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A LED driver simplyhregulates the current and voltage going to your desired LED.

The store offers buckpucks, the LED V2 driver, and the PC-L.

Buckpucks regulate current and voltage without any PWM (pulse wave modulator) effects. It is called a constant current driver because it is just that. It supplies your LED with a constant current, allowing the led to last longer, and run more efficiently.

The LED V2 driver does all a buckpuck does and has PWM effects. This module will give you clash, shimmmer, and lock-up effects. there is no sound in the V2 driver module.

THe PC-L has a LED driver (with PWM technology) and sound. It is the best of both worlds as the clashes are always spot on with the led effects from the driver.

Hope that helps.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

So the adjustable driver $35, and constant current driver $50 in the store are the LED V2 drivers you speak of, correct?

The PC-L that is what exactly, I'm a little new with the jargon. Is PC-L the petit-crouton? (is the petit-crouton just sound or sound and a driver together? If not what's the PC-L and where do I find it?

PC-L is the petit crouton, and combines the features of a sound card and LED driver.

It can be found here: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Pe...dule-P612.aspx
    When your lightsabers gutter and die in your hands,
    your blaster packs run dry of charge,
    your words of power dry up in your throat and I am still standing,
    what will you do then?

The $50 LED driver in the store lists effects; ramp up/down, static shimmer, flash-on-clash, and lockup.

The $35 driver doesn't list any. What if any effects does it have??

p.s. Do the drivers, PC-l, etc. come with any instructions, or is it all on the forum?
    Thanks everyone

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The $35 drive has no effects. You can control and change the amount of current going to the LED.

All instructions are in the store descriptions. I have wired all out those up with just the store info.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...