Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: * Convert FX lightsaber from non-removable blade to removable?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Thanks.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

so i was following the TCSS anakin conversion kit tutorial.
    two issue so far:

1. not really an issue cause i'll just get a replacement 5/8" copper cap from TCSS but the original larger copper cap got completely obliterated when i removed it.
    it just chipped away a piece at a time. the smaller one popped off easier and in tact with little to no damage, but the larger one....it's basically in 10 pieces.

2. removing the control box. holy crap...
    i'm trying to hard not to damage the control box mount (little faux chrome holder that mounts to the "clamp")
    i'm coming in from the bottom, prying just between the black of the control box and the control box mount. it will NOT come apart. i've already made some tiny damage notches to the control box mount.

any advice?
    i've already removed both philips screws, the hex screw and the four recharge pins.

IMG_20110516_094750-1.jpg
    The Dark Side is all I have...

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_a* View Post

any advice?
    I just took mine off, I used a flathead screwdriver at the ends but it was stuck pretty good in the middle too. I got a few tiny marks on the switch housing but it came off. You could try heating it first with a heat gun or hairdryer to soften the glue, be careful though.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I just took mine off, I used a flathead screwdriver at the ends but it was stuck pretty good in the middle too. I got a few tiny marks on the switch housing but it came off. You could try heating it first with a heat gun or hairdryer to soften the glue, be careful though.
    yeah, the heat gun is a great idea. i'll give that a shot.
    thx.
    The Dark Side is all I have...

Talking pardon my intrusion

Forgive me for interrupting this thread seemed to relate to, y question. Does tcss have a conversion kit for the force fx lightsaber construction set? Should I even buy this item? Do I have to mail it in somewhere???? Thanx.
    "The Force is in all, all are of the Force. Not one thing is greater than the Force, and that is what the Dark Side refuses to see. In the end all balance will restore when we win the war against the Dark Side."

TCSS does not have a conversion kit for that particular force FX lightsaber. They really aren't worth buying, in my opinion, as the parts of the hilt are mostly plastic and grossly oversized. The soundboard is also not as easy to work with as the ones found in the other MR/Hasbro force FX sabers are.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Ok cool. Does anyone here know where I can find an inexpensive fx obi 1 saber with the removable blade?????
    "The Force is in all, all are of the Force. Not one thing is greater than the Force, and that is what the Dark Side refuses to see. In the end all balance will restore when we win the war against the Dark Side."

the internet....google it.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"