Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: All Squadrons Report In! X-wing costume

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default All Squadrons Report In! X-wing costume

Red leader standing by.

Reposted from another thread:

Yup, the Richie's armor chestbox was $60 for the "kit". As nice as it was cheaper is good too.[] I was contemplating making one myself out of wood like a tutorial I saw, but being ABS already It'd save me some trouble in the painting.

I'm really thinking of making my own squares out of acrylic and doing some "fancy stuff" to make the the switches turn on EL sheet behind them. I think even the seasoned costumers would get a kick out of that. It'll be a warm-up for the helmet too. When I go down that road... functional it will have to be.[]

Here's the kit I bought:

Non-repost:
    I happened to see this for sale. I think it's a good compromise too on moeny and time spent in. Once I am satisfied with it I'll be ready to move on to some harder stuff.[]

I know there are some Rebel Legion people here. Any X-wing pilots by chance?

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Now your on your way bud! [][^]

<center>

Darth Raizzar
    -Brotherhood of the Sith-

</center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, I'll be going for parts like you guys too. Flighsuit, flakvest, code cylinders, hose, ejection straps, etc...

I want to get the "armor" stuff out of the way. I'd go bonkers to get a real APH helmet but I'm thing a richie's armor kit will do. It's enough to get me in the legion.

</center>

Good start Xwing, this will be another good thread on costumes.[]

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Yes, []
    will you be a Saber weilding pilot like Luke? [:0]

<center>

Darth Raizzar
    -Brotherhood of the Sith-

</center>

Council Member
    Sith Lord

and destroy a at-at? []

i wonder if this will be the next brotherhood of the sith, darth vader costume thread. xwing, you should rename it brotherhood of the jedi, luke skywalker costume lol []

At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

To be recognized as a character you have to replicate their helmet. I want to do a custom helmet so nope... no brotherhood of the Jedi in that sense.

</center>

Since you are doing a custom costume are you adding a lightsaber to it? and are you staying with the orange color flightsuit?

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Rancor 5 from AlderaanBase.com reporting in. X-wing, check out the Dewbackwing.com for hints on the costume. Also, here's our costuming resource for the pilot costume. I'm using a Rubies helmet for now. I'm almost done with a Wilco Models helmet kit. It's a bit more solid than the Richies.
    http://www.alderaanbase.com/reference/xwingcostume/
    Give me a PM if you have any questions.

"They told me they fixed it!!! It's not my fault!"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Do-Clo

Since you are doing a custom costume are you adding a lightsaber to it? and are you staying with the orange color flightsuit?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You can have a custom helmet and remain "canon". You can't however remain canon with a different color flightsuit. I wouldn't be able to do some events because of that.[] Just like the Disney thing with Vader that'd be a bummer.

Erik, I'm already aware of both of those sites. I know Pappy from DBW because I did the RP Board for a while.[] Wilco... huh? Can you tell me more about that?

I didn't want to use a Rubies because of it's issues. It runs small too... I have a BIG head so that really never went into my consideration.

</center>