Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: no sound

Default no sound

as the title says my US2.5's sound is dead

i have had my US tucked away for a few months cuz i was going to re-work the wires. and after puting everything back on the board (9v conectors) i put a fresh 3.7Li-ion in hit the switch and the led turnd on but no sound. it worked when i put it away but now idk i have tryed 3 diffrent speakers one was brand new out of the box from TCSS. main led turns on accent leds work but no sound so im about ready to shoot myself in the foot over this errg

any help would be here hot

thanks thejedilestat

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Program it again...sometimes they 'deprogram' themselves when they sit for a while.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Are you sure?
    Microchip usually rates their PIC18's for 40 years of code memory. It isn't out of the question though.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

I was going to play with the board but to be honest I forgot how to. And I got sick yesterday so I was eather in bed or p-)/in so I will try to reprogram after I solder the speaker back on

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

guess who fryed a TrustFire All-in-One Charger?

Hmmm, Im going to take a wild guess and say its YOU lol. Does this problem pertain to why the US wont work? How did you do that? Okay Do you smell burnt electronics coming from the board? Its really distinct. If not I would check to see if you have any wire loose inside the insulation for the spaeker wires. Also make sure your solder is good and conducting. Do the shake test or wiggle test for loose wires. Sometimes this happens. Basically sometimes you would smell what the Nova is cookin' if there is a bad part. I hope you figure this out. Good luck!!

all i did was plug it in and turn it on...i live in australia so i use a plug adaptor but it makes the charger squel alittle. i use the cord from my psp with the australian plug on it and it makes the sound way less intence but i still feel uneasy about useing it. this time i used a multi plug from the USA i put the AUS adaptor on the usa 4 plug and then i pluged in the charger with the end it came with and when i flioped the switch POP!!!

The smart chargers are supposed to be universal, and work on any voltage in the world.
    I plugged mine straight into a South Africa/USA adapter and it works fine. I'm not so sure from your description exactly what you are doing, but perhaps some pics can clear it up.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Ok so as I have always known... I'm not smart haha well turns out the circuit breaker was the pop I heard. So I plugged the charger in with some 3.7s and it works so I'm guessing it was the 4plug adaptor that blew. So all is good again well for now atleast

I am in Australia also,(Wynyard, we're neighbors!) and was worried about adapter plugs for the Lithium chargers. Not to conflict with what the Custom Saber Shop offers, but I did find ONE Aussie company selling a charger with a certified plug for this country. Only for 18650 though. Seems to work fine. Li-ions are still new to me, and I use caution, mainly because of all the advice suggesting it, not because it has ever proven troublesome. But be careful regardless, would hate to see a Jedi go through misuse of the (electromagnetic) force.