Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dooku conversion with some helpful (?) footnotes

Quote Originally Posted by downrightfierce View Post
    Hi I am new to the converting and I have recently acquired a new count dooku Fx lightsaber. Problem is. when i tried starting it the light only gets maybe a quarter of the way and shuts off I am so bummed because I like this saber the most. could you guys point me to a tutorial vid or anything showing me the process to best get this working?.. Id even like to convert it the way it is shown in the pics here. Please be a life saber and help lol
    downrightfierce, I'm afraid that with your very first post, you have violated your TCSS terms of agreement, which strictly ban the use of the pun "life saber." But thanks for stopping by.

Did you buy your Dooku new? If you did and have the receipt, you should immediately return it and ask for a replacement. But before you do, make sure it's not the batteries. Force FX sabers like fresh batteries. Everyone likes fresh batteries. It's that feeling of pristine, untapped potential, I suppose.

If you bought it used, or returning it is not an option, you can of course convert it with a single high-power LED. Still, there is a slight chance that your saber's board is defective, and unable to deliver enough current to a high-power LED.
    There's always a bigger fish.

I just picked up a Dooku so between yours and LDM's advice, taking it apart should be (hopefully) easy peasy. Thanks!

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thorn View Post
    downrightfierce, I'm afraid that with your very first post, you have violated your TCSS terms of agreement, which strictly ban the use of the pun "life saber." But thanks for stopping by.

Did you buy your Dooku new? If you did and have the receipt, you should immediately return it and ask for a replacement. But before you do, make sure it's not the batteries. Force FX sabers like fresh batteries. Everyone likes fresh batteries. It's that feeling of pristine, untapped potential, I suppose.

If you bought it used, or returning it is not an option, you can of course convert it with a single high-power LED. Still, there is a slight chance that your saber's board is defective, and unable to deliver enough current to a high-power LED.
    Thanks on the reply. Well for some reason it didn't start when I put brand new Duracell batteries, but later in the day I decided to buy a pack of energizers and it worked! Dont know what was up with that unless the Duracell pack I bought actually had no juice. Anyway thanks for the advice. My next buy is going to be something custom

Quote Originally Posted by downrightfierce View Post
    Thanks on the reply. Well for some reason it didn't start when I put brand new Duracell batteries, but later in the day I decided to buy a pack of energizers and it worked! Dont know what was up with that unless the Duracell pack I bought actually had no juice. Anyway thanks for the advice. My next buy is going to be something custom
    Great! Glad that worked out. Yeah, try your hand at an MHS saber! Lord Dottore Matto has a great tutorial on making a basic, no-sound MHS saber. And upgrading to sound is not too difficult once you've done some reading and saved up enough money for a Petit Crouton soundboard. Good luck!
    There's always a bigger fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thorn View Post
    Great! Glad that worked out. Yeah, try your hand at an MHS saber! Lord Dottore Matto has a great tutorial on making a basic, no-sound MHS saber. And upgrading to sound is not too difficult once you've done some reading and saved up enough money for a Petit Crouton soundboard. Good luck!
    Great! Ill do my research. All the help is appreciated.