Thread: Is sound worth it?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

i don't duel. my lightsabers are for display and home "messing around with" use only.
    that being said...

OMFGYES!
    The Dark Side is all I have...

+1 for sound

i have stunt sabers and sound sabers MRFX(STOCK), MRFX(conversion), ultrasound 2.5, PC-L(waiting for more parts to put it in a saber) and i have had econ boards and i have no bad things to say about anyof them. if you are going to do the sound on your own try out an econ board incase you fry it i have fryed 2 of them. if you fight with your sabers sound will take it to where you wanna be trust me on this. to each there own though. my brother and i bashed around econ hasbro sabers for over a year and we loved it then we moved up to MRFX and beat them pretty good. we have had a blast with them so i dont see why you wouldent.

sound or no sound aslong as you injoy the sabers its win win =)
    Last edited by thejedilestat; 05-07-2011 at 12:21 AM.

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

I vote NO. I also voted that they bring back silent films. Sound just gets in the way anyway. I mean I see no great advatage to haveing sound. Example right here, You just read my post would having sound had made it an better???? Don't let the simple fact that I don't have any non-sound lightsabers and one of my best friends is the King of lightsaber sound fonts fool you to thinking that I even remotly think what's the point of having a light saber without sound, becuase I don't. :P

I have a ROTS Obi-Wan Hasbro Force-FX and the sound gets on my nerves. It's just so loud and repeditive.
    However, I've built 2 sabers, both with 2010 economy boards, one with the economy speaker and one with a premium speaker and I have to say I wouldn't own a saber without at least some kind of sound. Otherwise you just have pretty, very expensive flashlights.

What am I gonna do, make the sounds myself?

I mean, I know we all did once, but WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY.

I've built both. I turn on a saber without sound & I think, cool. I turn on a saber with sound & I can't help but think AWESOME!!! When I mess around with my non sound sabers, I catch myself making the noises like I did when I was kid. Yes, I think sound is worth it. You can use the 2010 econo boards with the tcss clash & swing censors, & the tcss premium speaker. That makes for a great inexpensive sound set up.
    Last edited by Darth Midian; 05-08-2011 at 08:11 AM.