Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is sound worth it?

Default Is sound worth it?

Hey all. I have a few stunt sabers (battle yes, sound no) and the hasbro build your saber kit that you can't fight with. I'm reading up for a custom saber or conversion. I want everyone's opinions. Is sound worth it? Does it make feel more real? Is it easier to lose yourself in the force? Also has anyone ever thought the sound was corny, or got old? Thanks for your help.

Yes, yes, and yes.

Sound only gets old if done badly (=very cheap speaker and soundboard). It depends of the person though.

i don't duel. my lightsabers are for display and home "messing around with" use only.
    that being said...

OMFGYES!
    The Dark Side is all I have...

+1 for sound

i have stunt sabers and sound sabers MRFX(STOCK), MRFX(conversion), ultrasound 2.5, PC-L(waiting for more parts to put it in a saber) and i have had econ boards and i have no bad things to say about anyof them. if you are going to do the sound on your own try out an econ board incase you fry it i have fryed 2 of them. if you fight with your sabers sound will take it to where you wanna be trust me on this. to each there own though. my brother and i bashed around econ hasbro sabers for over a year and we loved it then we moved up to MRFX and beat them pretty good. we have had a blast with them so i dont see why you wouldent.

sound or no sound aslong as you injoy the sabers its win win =)
    Last edited by thejedilestat; 05-07-2011 at 12:21 AM.

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

I vote NO. I also voted that they bring back silent films. Sound just gets in the way anyway. I mean I see no great advatage to haveing sound. Example right here, You just read my post would having sound had made it an better???? Don't let the simple fact that I don't have any non-sound lightsabers and one of my best friends is the King of lightsaber sound fonts fool you to thinking that I even remotly think what's the point of having a light saber without sound, becuase I don't. :P

I have a ROTS Obi-Wan Hasbro Force-FX and the sound gets on my nerves. It's just so loud and repeditive.
    However, I've built 2 sabers, both with 2010 economy boards, one with the economy speaker and one with a premium speaker and I have to say I wouldn't own a saber without at least some kind of sound. Otherwise you just have pretty, very expensive flashlights.

What am I gonna do, make the sounds myself?

I mean, I know we all did once, but WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY.

I've built both. I turn on a saber without sound & I think, cool. I turn on a saber with sound & I can't help but think AWESOME!!! When I mess around with my non sound sabers, I catch myself making the noises like I did when I was kid. Yes, I think sound is worth it. You can use the 2010 econo boards with the tcss clash & swing censors, & the tcss premium speaker. That makes for a great inexpensive sound set up.
    Last edited by Darth Midian; 05-08-2011 at 08:11 AM.

Even the very best "non-sound" saber is a glorified flashlight.

Show someone a stunt saber and they're going to say "okay, that's cool"

Show someone a saber with decent sound and they're going to say "holy cow, its a flipping lightsaber!!"

My .02 galactic credits.

AK-47s and Lightsabers, both so fun to build

Light and sound are the dynamic duo. The sound makes them turn their heads and the light makes their eyes pop out.