Thread: Can the PC-L run a 5w led engin led?

Default Can the PC-L run a 5w led engin led?

I really hate to post a new thread, but I did a search and I couldn't come up with the information I needed.

I know that the PC can handle high enough input voltage to run a 5w led, but when I built my last 4 PC-L sabers, when it came time to set up the main led config value on the sd card, I was only adjusting the mah rating, not the voltage.

Does the PC have on board voltage regulation, and if so which value is it in the config file, and can it be adjusted to run a 5w ledengin led?

I ran through the manual a couple of times, and I couldn't find the information there either.

Thanks for the info guys, and I am really sorry if this has already been asked and answered, I am relatively new to the PC-L board and its capabilities.

All I know for sure is that the sound fonts and flicker, are second only to the CF.

Lol Erv is like hatoria hanzo, you don't compare an erv board to another erv board, you compare it to every other soundboard ever made.
    Not as clumsy or random as a blaster, the lightsaber is an elegant weapon, from a more civilized time.

I believe it can, just depends on your battery solution
    LOCKHEED

Yes it can. The PC is a current driver and there is no voltage adjustment.

You set the current (mA) and the PC senses the voltage and the LED to produce said current.

The PC can run any LED that can take up to 1500mA (if the voltage is available and below the PC voltage limitation).
    MH on FX-Forums

Thats handy to knw, plan to use a 5w led engin red myself
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.