Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Big reveale!

Default Big reveale!

Woah!?.....And counting. I know I should simply be excited but I can't help but be a little scared. lol

Edit..All I see now is white screen...? BOOOOO!!!!!!
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 05-04-2011 at 06:07 AM.

ROFLMAO

SW needs to learn to bandwidth
    When your lightsabers gutter and die in your hands,
    your blaster packs run dry of charge,
    your words of power dry up in your throat and I am still standing,
    what will you do then?

The big reveal was a big load of crap.
    Just some iffy cover art and a breakdown of the special features. The commentary tracks will likely be the same ones from the dvd release and a lot of those documentaries have been on other releases as well.
    I was hoping for something new. Maybe a nice trailer that teases some deleted scenes or interesting documentaries. Instead we get a powerpoint presentation?
    And, really, is there a need for NINE discs? Blu-Ray discs, mind you, that hold a tremendous amount of information? It feels like this is a repackaging of the dvd's with slightly better audio and video and a few hours of previously released documentaries (and one or two that look interesting).
    I was hoping for definitive edits of the films with enhanced special effects and a few new scenes, much like the DVD release.
    I'd read this on another forum, but I wonder if they'll edit the commentary for Episode II where they say force ghosts and Syfo Dias would be explained in Episode III? Ugh.
    That grainy, 30 second youtube video from someone's crappy cell phone taken at Comic Con (or somewhere) that shows Luke completing his Lightsaber in ROTJ had me INFINITELY more excited than this. And I bet that scene won't be edited back into the film, either.
    It's so frustrating to be a Star Wars fan sometimes. It's like watching your grandparents try to work on the computer.

I'm highly mixed about this, although I absolutely hate how they have petered out the information as if it was actually worth all the hype.

I'll be glad to have the films in a very high quality format, and it's cool that they included some of the vintage documentaries, although the fact that From Star Wars to Jedi (which has not been listed) is sadly missing from this is such a missed opportunity. It was a great documentary!

I'm looking forward to the deleted/ alternate scenes, and the prop, maquette, and costume turnarounds sound intriguing, although who knows how extensive they will be. I hope with a BluRay format, they will be quite full of information.

I hate the box art. It looks like a really lazy photoshop job. Even worse than the previous DVD release packaging. At least on the last one, the pictures were clearer. Given the collector's mentality, packaging matters, and this is not up to par. I'd actually prefer the simple, clean designs we saw on the Amazon preorder page.

The documentaries? The 501st is a great organization, but to me a documentary about that, and a documentary on Star Wars spoofs seem like filler material for lack of better content. Plus, neither of those really have anything to do with the making of the Star Wars films, which is what I always thought bonus content on DVD's was supposed to focus on.

I will be furious if they even have anything on this release dealing with that crappy 3D Clone Wars cartoon series. I can't hold out hope that the original versions of the classic trilogy will ever be properly restored and released, so I won't even bother. But I will say, it sure would be nice!

I'll be be buying it, as I have every past release, but I just wish that Lucasfilm would listen to the fans and actually give them what they ask for. Each release seems to becoming more and more of an afterthought.
    Follow Your Bliss

I love Star Wars, I'm looking forward to seeing it on Blu-Ray. But I have to ask do we really need to see it in 3D. Lucas is awesome, but I feel instead of making all 6 movies in 3D, he should make the movies that come after Return of the Jedi. There's plenty of material out there. That's my thought.

I too was hoping for a trailer of something new intead of all these do overs.

Give me the original copies any day. Although my old VHS tapes are getting a bit worn out so a classic re-release on DVD would be a great way to preserve the originals. No more do overs Georgie!

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    I too was hoping for a trailer of something new intead of all these do overs.

Give me the original copies any day. Although my old VHS tapes are getting a bit worn out so a classic re-release on DVD would be a great way to preserve the originals. No more do overs Georgie!
    Fairly sure I died inside when he edited the re released trilogy dvd version and replaced Sebastian Shaw force spirit with Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker.
    And star wars in 3d, it would have been amazing if it was filmed with 3d cameras, especially the battle over Coruscant. But redo in 3d, ehhh.
    I say enough already George do us a favor, and let someone else direct a new star wars movie.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

While I agree that a lot of the changes are pretty terrible, I just don't understand why he doesn't address some of the complaints everyone has.
    Syfo Dias, force ghosts, the prophecy of the chosen one and poorly colored lightsabers in Episode IV are just a few examples.
    And why he doesn't add some scenes that were inexplicably deleted. For example, there's a quick exchange during the final space battle in Episode I where R2 tells Anakin to be careful because the battle is more dangerous than Pod Racing. I think Anakin responds that pod racing is more dangerous. This sets up that cheesy, "now THIS is pod racing!" line at the end that makes me cringe every time I hear it. With a little context it's not so terrible.
    Anakin has several lines like that in the script that were deleted. Like where the pilot from Naboo is teaching him a few tricks, especially how spinning their ships confuses droid radar. This of course sets up the equally cringe-worthy, "I'll try spinning! That's a good trick!" in the same battle and explains a little how Anakin is able to fly that fighter.
    A few lines and a few extra scenes that were taken out for no real reason would make these movies so much better. Why not put them back in? Instead he extends the dance number in Jabba's palace by 10 minutes and puts a poorly animated Jabba in Episode IV for a scene that is completely superfluous.
    Last edited by Big_Furry_Oaf; 05-05-2011 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Furry_Oaf View Post
    While I agree that a lot of the changes are pretty terrible, I just don't understand why he doesn't address some of the complaints everyone has.
    Syfo Dias, force ghosts, the prophecy of the chosen one and poorly colored lightsabers in Episode IV are just a few examples.
    And why he doesn't add some scenes that were inexplicably deleted. For example, there's a quick exchange during the final space battle in Episode I where R2 tells Anakin to be careful because the battle is more dangerous than Pod Racing. I think Anakin responds that pod racing is more dangerous. This sets up that cheesy, "now THIS is pod racing!" line at the end that makes me cringe every time I hear it. With a little context it's not so terrible.
    Anakin has several lines like that in the script that were deleted. Like where the pilot from Naboo is teaching him a few tricks, especially how spinning their ships confuses droid radar. This of course sets up the equally cringe-worthy, "I'll try spinning! That's a good trick!" in the same battle and explains a little how Anakin is able to fly that fighter.
    A few lines and a few extra scenes that were taken out for no real reason would make these movies so much better. Why not put them back in? Instead he extends the dance number in Jabba's palace by 10 minutes and puts a poorly animated Jabba in Episode IV for a scene that is completely superfluous.
    Yes yes, exactly what I’m thinking. So many things that needed fixing got looked over, and he added allot of useless scene additions. But as far as the Episode 1 Phantom menace goes I don’t think it can be redeemed, I try to forget it most nights, like the matrix sequels, I mean there was only 1 Matrix move, 1
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.