Thread: Cardinal - Picky's first sound saber

Default Cardinal - Picky's first sound saber

Before I bagin this thread, I have to say thank you to all the members that helped me during the project phase

Well, the parts arrived on April 20, I payed the customhouse tax (55 € ), opened the box and took some picture:
    here you see the speaker, the 2 SD cards (LM and DM), my cell (well, that didn't arrived from TCSS...), some screws, the emitter the gold style 3 trim ring, the button, the kill key, the recharge port, a lot of JST connectors and the pommel.
    In the second picture there are the covertec button, the choke, the 7" fluted extension, the PC-L, the aux button and the blue P4.

2011_04_20_1002-1.jpg 2011_04_20_1003-1.jpg
    It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life.
    [Jean-Luc Picard]

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

nice. that'll look really good all together.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Look foward to the progress Picky.
    Yub Yub Commander.

I forgot one thing: all the parts are powder coated in Candy Gold, a fantastic color, not too much heavy and not too trasparent

2011_04_20_1009-1.jpg

The next step was drilling a hole for the covertec button: not a perfect work but the large button will cover these scretches...

2011_04_20_1011-1.jpg

Then I glued the battery holder to the speaker holder, wired the speaker and glued it to its holder... A very long piece, I doubted it would have fit into the 7" extension.

2011_04_21_1013-1.jpg

So I cut a piece of the pommel thread, as seen in a tutorial video (thank you, Ki-Djowac!)

2011_04_21_1017-1.jpg
    It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life.
    [Jean-Luc Picard]

Looking good so far. Can't wait to see more!

Update:
    I soldered the LED to a JST connector so in future I'll be able to change the color of the saber.

2011_04_21_1015-1.jpg

Then I begun to work with the PC-L... Really a small sound card!

2011_04_21_1016-1.jpg

The next step was wiring the aux button: not possible without pretinning the joints

2011_04_21_1018-1.jpg

I decided to connect the + of the main switch and the common - to a JST connector, so the big guarded button has been installed without difficulties. At this point the PC-L remembers an octopus!

2011_04_21_1021-1.jpg

Final steps: I soldered the wires from the speaker, glued a sheath of platic film (the one used to wrap the notebooks) to the battery holder and I slid inside that film the PC-L to insulate it and it is already possible to access the SD card.

2011_04_21_1025-1.jpg
    [Jean-Luc Picard]