Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Li-Ion Battery Packs

will these batteries be okay to do this with and work properly on a petit crouton V3.%?
    http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=SB2403

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfuss View Post
    will these batteries be okay to do this with and work properly on a petit crouton V3.%?
    http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=SB2403
    You would need a 7.4V pack, unless you are doing the 3.7V hack on the PC.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I mean to use two of those batteries connected to a pcb to get the 7.4v, just wondering if those batteries are okay to do so with

As long as they are unprotected (no PCB built into the individual cell) cells they are.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Hello, greetings from Austria!

I have a question:
    When i build a 3,7V pack with two parallel 18650, i should only use one pcb.
    If i buy two 3,7V 3400mAh Panasonic with PCB build in, can i use one of the build in PCB's? (remove PCB's, wire the two unprotected cells together in parallel on one of the removed PCB).
    Or do i need a special PCB?

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TheMCP View Post
    Hello, greetings from Austria!

I have a question:
    When i build a 3,7V pack with two parallel 18650, i should only use one pcb.
    If i buy two 3,7V 3400mAh Panasonic with PCB build in, can i use one of the build in PCB's? (remove PCB's, wire the two unprotected cells together in parallel on one of the removed PCB).
    Or do i need a special PCB?

Tom
    No sure why you would want to put them in parallel... You want a pack that has 3.7 volts and almost 7000 mAh? I would simply use one protected cell - done.
    If you really want to wire in two cells parallel, you would need a special PCB I think.

Your 7.4V packs range between 800 and 1400 mAh. When buying a 7.4V pack how should I choose which mAh value to use? Does it all depend on what else is going into the saber apart from the LED? More stuff requires a higher mAh value perhaps? Thanks.
    Just a guy with a lightsaber and some questions.

You want the most mAh possible in a battery pack that will fit in your saber. The more mAh, the longer your saber will run.

I have a question about the PCB use. Could you use an external DC power source to recharge your Li-ion batteries with the recharging/protecting circuit managing the charge? Say, with an external battery pack to recharge an internal battery pack in a saber.

So am I to take this as 2 protected cells (same batch, full charge, etc) in series requires nothing more than:

[Recharge Port -] to [+battery 1 -] to [+ battery 2 -] to [Recharge Port +] ??