Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Li-Ion Battery Packs

Flip both of those batteries over. You want the negative of the first battery connecting to the negative on the recharge port, and the positive of the second battery connecting to the positive on the recharge port.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Thanks silver serpent! I don't know why I put them that way round ... I'm ashamed of myself.

With this setup, is the heatshrink enough to keep the two batteries together or should I solder something between them? I won't be doing any heavy dueling or anything.
    Last edited by Remulos; 11-27-2015 at 12:13 PM.

#bookmark

Sorry, noob question...can I charge a 3.7v battery with a 8.4v charger?

Quote Originally Posted by jamiemp View Post
    Sorry, noob question...can I charge a 3.7v battery with a 8.4v charger?
    No you cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by NanoRex View Post
    No you cannot.
    So ONLY a 3.7v charger would work?

Quote Originally Posted by jamiemp View Post
    So ONLY a 3.7v charger would work?
    Yes...if you try the 8.4v charger, the pcb on your battery will shut down and not charge the battery.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Could someone with more expertise help me out here: Are IMR (LiMn) cells appropriate for use in saber battery packs (For example AW's IMR cells)? They seem to have the same kind of specifications, and are said to be interchangeable with li-ions, but I'd like if someone could verify this for me.

EDIT: Read some posts on FX and it looks like they are. Good to know. For those who don't know, IMR cells are slightly different from the typical Li-ions, usually having lower capacities but much higher discharge rates.
    Last edited by NanoRex; 04-13-2016 at 11:02 AM.