Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Li-Ion Battery Packs

one more little confirmation...

Will this work --> 1.jpg

Thanks in advance...

Looks right to me.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

thanks for the check

Did it thanks to all

Okay, not a total newb, but i am to these protected circuits. Can i use two 3.7v protected cells and the 7.4v PCB? or do i have to use the unprotected cells?

One or the other.
    Either you use the 2 protected cells and no protection, or 2 unprotected cells and the protection circuit (recommended for making packs).

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

so all i see on TCSS is protected cells sold in packs of two. I was planning on getting a PC w/ two of these cells wired in series with 2.1mm jack for recharging. if i solder two of the protected cells together, they don't need any kind of PCB? i can just hook them into the PC and recharge port?

Yes, that will work. But you will notice after some usage that the pack will have less runtime and seem to discharge quicker. This is because each cell's protection circuit is going to be slightly off balance to the other. This will eventually lead to one cutting off before the other and your pack will start to have shorter runtimes.
    I highly recommend getting unprotected cells and a PCB.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

okay that's what i thought. i only see protected cells on TCSS, where do you guys usually get unprotected cells?

My current supply is out of old laptops.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender
    Jesus pogostick what kind of Rodian clusterbomb is this? DD
    TCSS: It's all my favorite people I've never met, all in one place