Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hasbro Economy Board; "Rewire Tutorial"

Version 2. You'll want a parallel wiring scheme for swing sensors, or you'll only get a response if they both trigger at *exactly* the same time.

Still, physically you want the sensors placed perpindicular to each other for maximum response from multiple directions.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The best way to mount the sensors is an L shape.

---88888---l
    l
    l
    l

^^^^ like so. I did this a few times, and got very nice sensitive reactions.

Really, though for a hasbro board, You only need one motion sensor. I have found placement of that sensor in the pommel end or emitter end of the saber is what makes it the most sensitive. Keep in mind, for a $20 board you are not going to be getting a accurate swing all the time, but rigging it up in the right location will definitely help.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Thanks a bunch. Version two made the most sense to me, but I wanted to be sure before I wired everything up.

And yes, they will be perpendicular to each other. I'm planing on using an "X" shape like in the video posted earlier.

Youngling
    Youngling
    Blog Entries

you could also set the swing sensors to "bypass each other, then if one sences and the other doesnot you get the sound. 50/50% makes 100% right??? lols.hasbro2010b.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mrknify View Post
    you could also set the swing sensors to "bypass each other, then if one sences and the other doesnot you get the sound. 50/50% makes 100% right??? lols.
    That's the exact same advice Siver Serpent had already posted 3 post above yours nearly 3 months ago when he said wire them in parallel.

Youngling
    Youngling
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarkarNights View Post
    That's the exact same advice Siver Serpent had already posted 3 post above yours nearly 3 months ago when he said wire them in parallel.
    This dude is right. there are so many uses to adding some parallelelelelelel goodness to any circuit.

So first of all, thanks to Cardcollector for the original tutorial!

So I'm having trouble locating information on the voltage requirements for this board. I have a board that looks just like CC 's in the first post. My plan is to run it and a K2 Lux green (transistor and all that...) So I'm now trying to figure out which battery to use. Should I use a 7.4v and just use a 5v regulator for the board, or will it accept 3.7v? If the board will run at 3.7v, would that LED be okay under driven from 3.85?

Sorry for the possibly dumb questions, it's difficult to tell which "economy board" is which in some threads...

Thanks!
    Tryp

You won't hurt the board or the LED by using a single li-ion in your setup. I have two economy boards set up in this manner, but they're running Seoul P4s (blue and green) instead of the K2. I've had no trouble out of either of them.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!