Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: It's time to face reality

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Thanks for all the advice about stuck threads. However I have read them all before;
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...=stuck+threads
    I statred this thread to just notify the community that I will not be spending money on builds until I get a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    i highly recommend you start using the threading lubricant Tim sells in the store... it costs about as much as a stamp and it only takes a drop spread across the male ends. i have yet to use a whole tube.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Su...ease-P426.aspx
    I will be buying the lube when I start re-building again. Saves my temperament and $$$.

My condolenses. I feel for you. I just finished my first saber after a couple of sleepless nights.
    I also had an issue with a missthread and a couple fried econo boards.
    Good luck with all to come.

Everyone has made mistakes (consider it a learning process) Everyone has measured once and cut twice(when the opposite is true) Everyone has blown boards, led's, batteries (hard and sometimes expensive lessons) BUT Everyone who finally finishes that "one build" has a special someplace in their heart for it.. its the one where you finally break through the wall and ALL your future builds will reflect your new found.. wisdom

Its not easy to come on a forums and say "I've failed" or "Its got me".. I applaud your courage and I for one can tell as soon as your ready THIS saber will make a sweet finish.. my advice.. set it aside entirely.. play with some pvc or just something else to help clear your mind and build some alternate skillsets in the process.. then once your new job kicks in you can step back and "plan your attack"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"