Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Noob needs help

Default Noob needs help

hi i have no idea how to build a lightsaber and i dont know what parts to buy or how to put them together, anyone have advice on how to order the right parts to go with nmy hilt and put them together, i want to make an LED one and i dont want to have to go to one of those "pre-made" lightsaber sites because i want to make a custom one for myself

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you take a week or so, read all the stickies, take notes, and plan everything out to the last screw. You will be able to build yourself a saber.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

As a newbie myself I have to say reading the forums is a great primer. Play with the MHS builder tool as well. Then if you have specific questions post em up, everyone is awesome at helping out!

as someone who has built numerous sabers

1rst read all the stickies

2nd have a design that you think you want to do then play with the MHS builder till you come up with a design that you like

3rd take notes and plan build from design stage to finish product

4th if you are not sure of a certain aspect of your build you have 2 options seek help in the shoutbox or post new thread and only after you have tried to find the answer for yourself.....some members will spoon feed you the information others will guide you to a certain thread on what you are lookinhg for

good luck with your build

my suggestions.. (like everyone else) read & search..

people get cranky around here (alot).. but if you shown you have at least tried to help yourself..

you'll not only solve ALOT of your own questions.. but people will go the extra mile to help once they see you have 'tried'.

there are alot of new terms/terminology and naming conventions to get used.. (google first..then ask)

if you are still stuck, post a question that outlines your points/questions..

somethings will make sense once you are told.. some will just come with time.

the MHS builder kicks all sorts of 'behind'

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...mhsbuilder.php

play with it.. understand how parts screw together.. (using the thread hints option)..

good luck

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Xl made some excellent points. I am much more wiling to help someone who seems to have done their homework.

Also, when you are planning your first saber, and have your parts list together, go ahead and get it if you don't know exactly how it will go together. Once you have the parts in your hand it is much easier to put your hilt together. I read for three months before ordering my stuff, but when I got it I had a *duh* moment. Some things are self explanatory. If something isn't clear, get the parts and I betcha it will become so.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by jin starkiller View Post
    4th if you are not sure of a certain aspect of your build you have 2 options seek help in the shoutbox
    He won't be able to see the Chatbox until he's been here for 15 days and has made 10 posts.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Im still new too but people here are nice too, just look in the store and figure out what you like, play with the MHS builder too.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I wonder if this guy is going to come back. He hasn't logged on since he started this thread.

Not even to come back and see if anyone responded.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!